Internet Cowboy
    The calm before the storm...
    I look back over previous years' sales and I see the few days leading up to and including Thanksgiving are pretty slow, usually starting with this weekend. My sales indicate that so far this weekend.

I just made the mistake of going to a grocery store....OMG I had to trample three little old ladies just to get to the applesauce. (not really) And the aisle where baking stuff is...forget it!

Everyone is out buying food and preparing for the feast and, for the most part, buying retail products online is far from their mind. BUT...I hear the train coming and as another member posted in another thread, the past week has been a nice indicator of things to come.

This is a great week to go through your sites, make sure everything is up to date, fluffy and pretty and working properly because the flood is near. Conversions will soar along with traffic in general. I'll be ready by Wednesday so I can relax and watch it unfold over the long weekend. Are you ready?

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Actually Scoot, I can see you trampling 3 or 4 old ladies for the right kind of applesauce

We have another 6 weeks of calm before our storm!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Interesting post there, UncleScooter.

Lookin' forward to the storm, because my calm's been the best for traffic in the last 3 months

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I usually don't see all hell break loose until the Monday following Thanksgiving. Then around lunchtime things go nuts. It's hard for me to tear myself away from the stats, you know?

I'm happy to say that this month is looking very nice so far. I can't wait for things to get even better!

I'm never prepared 100%. I always think of my sites as a work in progress. It's like our house. As soon as we finish paying for one project it's time to start saving up for the next one.

Happy holidays kiddos! Don't forget to save some of that hard-earned cash to pay your taxes!

(Damn. I could see trampling some old ladies for the Pop Tarts, but applesauce? Sheesh!)

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Yep Scooter - you make a good point indeed. I totally agree with your plan of action. I mean, if 3 old ladies block your access to applesauce, then you have no choice..... mow em down!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Three old ladies in the applesauce section are nothing compared to getting one old lady off her favorite penny slot machine, though. It might have been good practice to take on the ladies in the sauce!

Thanks for the post, Scooter. I'm always happy when I'm on the same page as you - it makes me feel like I know what I'm doing for a change.

If this past week is any indication of the storm to come I'm going to be one extremely happy camper! At this rate December is looking to be my best month in the 3 years that I've been at this business. My hope is that I can maintain the incline through the holidays clear into next year.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm holding my breath for the exact same thing. This will be my 3rd Christmas season and during the 1st one I was still trying to spell htm. I hope the past week is an indication of things to come.

I'm with Jmoore. This is my 3rd holiday season also, I could spell htm during my 1st season but I didn't know where in the URL it went hehehe. Anyway, I'm off to a good start this year and I hope it continues. Good luck to all!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I've got my fingers crossed that things will continue to increase daily on the sales front here. Things are definitely picking up! I also feel more on top of it all this year than the past few. My inbox is officially empty at this point, so I am in the tweaking & updating as emails arrive mode.

As for the feast... we went shopping Wednesday and picked up everything we needed. The stores were busy already then. I was happy to get done!

Then, last night, our bank calls. They had a raffle for a complete Thanksgiving meal... 20lb Turkey & all the trimmings, pies, olives, pickles, snack crackers, juice, gravy & more. Heck, even the roaster & aluminum foil.

We won! Not bad for a $5 investment.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Conway Freight will be delivering 2,700 pounds of shipping boxes on Monday.

Thousands of stuffed critters are ready to go . . .

Hooray for our Affiliates!!

Noah
    Stuffed Ark.com

I need to go to the supermarket today. Fortunately I don't need applesauce, but pray for me anyway!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Rhea - To play it safe just stay away from the applesauce section, or better yet, send a clerk in to fetch it for you... and just hope Scooter doesn't show up!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    it's crazy @ wal-mart, no old ladies to run over though
    i am going to go on monday nite cos I am hoping that i will miss the crowd

I got to the supermarket at 9:30 am and it was already crowded. By the time I left at 10:30 it was packed!

Oh, and I bought applesauce...on principle. No Pop Tarts though.

$457 billion to be spent online this year as by CBS Marketwatch. I want some of that applesauce.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Sales are starting to ramp up over here. We've had a slow upward progression throughout the month and expect the the lid to blow off the can by the Monday after Thanksgiving. That's the usual for us over here. Exciting times!!!

See odd sales here... from merchants I haven't seen on the charts in some time. The bigger chains are slowwww..(like Target, CircuitCity...)..but I'm not shopping either, yet. I'm waiting for more free shipping deals to crop up before I buy online.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I'll not be relaxing any time soon. Site redesign is keeping me busy but it is paying off.
    I braved the supermarket this morning. No problems in the applesauce aisle but someone walked away with almost loaded my cart. I tracked them down lol. Last I saw they were trying to figure out where they left their cart.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread