Question Need help with a particular merchant
    I've just finished importing a datafeed for Lightingbygregory.com, when I realized (through some late research) that they have a bolded:

Call 1-800-555-5555 for our best price.

Listed right under the product detail page. The only "call tracking" codes that I could find were at the very bottom of the page, and one in the description itself.

Could someone from SAS, or anyone else in-the-know, tell me whether these guys are able to track phone sales? I'm really not keen on giving them free money.

Also, I know in past threads, that there was a way to delete specific records from their datafeed that went to one of these pages (with the phone #), but it looks like that has been conveniently fixed in their datafeed. If they don't track phone sales, is there any other way to get around this?

thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Thought the name sounded familiar

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=76648

Thanks, WW. yeah, I caught that thread. The only thing I can think that might've changed since then is that the CSRs have been trained to ask for particular codes during phone calls - but not sure.

ABW Ambassador
    Lamps Plus

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Don't know them MB, but it's always nice if the merchant includes your AFID (usually a promo code) right under the toll free number. Best way to maximize phone order revenue for affiliates.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    >Lamps Plus

Don't know what the reference is, but LP has an incredibly nice, proactive AM right now (Beth Koch). I contacted her asking for advanced linking to be enabled, she's gone out of her way to get necessary programming modifications made (it's on its way any day) - and amazingly, has been sending regular emails with progress reports every few days.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, that's where he should go for lamps and lighting One of the better programs out there.

Sweet. Thanks for the recommendation guys (and gal). Didn't know of any other source, other than Lightingbygregory. Going to check them out tonight.

I'd still like to do something with this company (especially b/c of the # of products in their feed), but I just have one of those bad feelings, especially when you see their # plastered all over their website, as well as "get direct quotes by email" statements, which may be another way to grab the customer.

Brian (if you're reading this), don't you think it's pushing the envelope a bit with that activity?

well, I joined up with Lampsplus (thanks!). One question, do any of you work with their datafeeds? Do they provide them outside of the network?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread