Cool .info or .biz for a website with articles on affiliate marketing?
    I sold the .com of a four character domain name and am now left with the .biz and .info. I'd like to set up a serious affiliate marketing portal. Would you recommend I use xxxx.biz or xxxx.info for it please?

I thought .biz might go with a site about business/marketing, but am concerned about the association with spammers which has been mentioned on these forums.

Thank you.

Thumbs up
    I already have a site which has a lot of original content but looks awful. I'm going to completely redo the website, but want to know if I should rebrand it to azam.info instead of azam.biz. Under the latter domain, the site already has several hundred references/links to it and has a Google PR of 4. But, if .bizs are considered 'spammy', I'm willing to go through all the hassle of using another domain.

IMO, it doesn't matter what the domain is, as long as the site is useful and good it will attract traffic.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Affiliate Manager
    I would use .com just because more people tend to type&remember URLs with .com TLD.

I would use the same logic for the .biz & .info. .biz TLD is more branded over the net tha .nfo. And spammers made their contribution to it too I guess for people will be easier to remember azam.biz then azem.info because they tend to use .biz domains more often and just because azam.biz sounds better.

I also recommend you to pay attention to your logo. It is hard to read the domain name. Use plain fonts and make your logo to be easy to read and remember. Use some funny slogan, etc to play with your URL. Help your visitors to remember your URL and return to your site by typing in the URL.

.info only if you are providing information on the keyword in the domain i.e. pdaphones.info, etc.

azam.biz works better... given those 2 choices.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Azam
    I sold the .com of a four character domain name and am now left with the .biz and .info. I'd like to set up a serious affiliate marketing portal. Would you recommend I use xxxx.biz or xxxx.info for it please?

I thought .biz might go with a site about business/marketing, but am concerned about the association with spammers which has been mentioned on these forums.

Thank you.
    Info is getting alot more interest in SE's than Biz..

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread