Pending and denied affiliate programs
    Hi, I would like to know how long some of the merchants wait to let you know if you are approved for a program? I have ask some over a week ago, is this normal? I've never had this problem before, it's like no one is watching to see if anyone wants to advertise for them! Am I suppose to contact them or something? Is there any way to withdraw the request? Also, I was denied by an advertiser and I am tired of seeing their company name on my list of advertisers is there any way to delete their names from my list? Thanks in advance for any help you can give it's very much appreciated.
    Sage's Unicorn!

Unicorn, welcome to ABestWeb!

Good merchants make their approval/denial decision on an affiliate application within 24-48 hours of its receipt. In case with those that you wait for over a week, I'd do this: (a) if you cannot substitute them with another (a more responsive!!) merchant, e-mail them, asking why it's taking so long, (b) if you can go with a merchant that is more caring about their affiliates than this, don't wait a day longer.

To answer your second question (on deleting an advertiser's name "from your list"), it would help knowing what affiliate network you're with or what in-house software solution you're using...

Geno

Like Geno said, I try to approve mine within 24-48 hours, but keep in mind, those are usually business hours. Weekends and upcoming holidays can make things take a little longer...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Smile Denied and pending merchants
    Hi Geno;
    Thanks for answerig my question, I agree to give up on those merchants, not worth my time! But I would like to get them off of my list also. I am with ShareASale.com, I hope that helps;
    Thanks so much again for trying to help;
    SAGE'S UNICORN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sages Unicorn
    ...But I would like to get them off of my list also. I am with ShareASale.com, I hope that helps
    It does.

Log into your SaS account. Go to "Activity Summary". The second column in the table will be a "Quit Program" column. Find the program you wish to quit, and quit it...

Geno

I would like to know how long some of the merchants wait to let you know if you are approved for a program?
    I consistently review all programs within 24 hours, and usually even sooner.

We're all busy, but that is a sadly overused excuse...

I review programs daily and clear my list, but sometimes AM take vacations as well. Nothing personal. I would certainly hate the thought of losing a good affiliate because they thought me not checking that account over a weekend meant I was ignoring them. I'm going to be paranoid about this now.

Smile Pending and denied programs
    Geno;
    Thanks again for the info. Now my list looks normal again, it was such a mess I didn't know what to look at!!
    Thanks also to everyone that has answered; I was not talking about merchants that take the weekend or a few days off, I understand that, I take time off too, but the ones I was talking about are over a week old and in a couple of instances it has been since the middle of October! I knew that I didn't want to represent them, if they can't bother to reply to someone that wants to advertise for them, then just think how they will pay!! I really just wanted to get them deleted and out of my site!
    Thank all of you so much for making the new kid on the block feel welcome, I'm a novice at the computer, teaching myself, so I definately need all of the help I can get!!
    Also, sorry if I forgot to sign some of my questions, I am use to having a signature automatically added, I can't find that of course!
    SAGE'S UNICORN!

I am use to having a signature automatically added, I can't find that of course!
    That comes later, after you've been around for awhile and have a healthy amount of posts under your belt. It's not enabled by default...

Smile Signature
    Adambha;
    Thanks for telling me about the signature, now I won't have to go crazy looking for it!!
    SAGE'S UNICORN!

Online Marketing Consultant
    I would agree and say stick with the programs that give you more response. Just make sure they are a good fit for you. I check my applications in CJ about 3 - 5 times a day and once or twice on the weekends normally. But our program isn;t able to be pushed by everyone since we have a niche market.

Smile Pending & denied affiiate programs
    Thanks a lot for your input Liquidate, I appreciate it. I agree, if you're going to work together then it's definately better to have a good fit! If I have to wait a week or two I'm not interested anymore. As I said before, if the company can not bother for a couple of weeks and sometimes never to let someone know if they are accepted as an affiliate or not, then just think how they pay!!
    I'm surprised I'm hearing from someone from CJ, I've been trying to sign up there for over 6 months. Can not get signed up because I am told that the way that I put down my Dutch tax # is incorrect. I've tried to contact the support for help and find out how they want me to put it down but never get a response. Any ideas how I can contact someone that might be able to help me?
    Thank you again so much for the response, it's nice of you to be bothered;
    Sage's Unicorn!

Online Marketing Consultant
    Nice of me to be bothered? anyways if you click on the contact us page WITHOUT SIGNING IN, you will be taken to a page with contact information for CJ in Europe and the US. They can help you out =0)

Smile Pending
    Thanks again for the information; I'll try to reach them that way,
    Sage's Unicorn!

http and a telephoto
    The colored fonts are hard to read, fancy may look good to you, but the rest of us like nice plain ol text that's black and easy to read.....

Welcome and good luck!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread