Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Along the line's of the thread asking about your choice for the most annoying email, http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/u ltimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001399, I just got an email from our dear friend Christine Hall. Actually it came to the addy abuse@mydomain.com.

But here's the deal, didn't I hear that they got into trouble for copyright infringement (actually lost a lawsuit) for putting the screenshots of your site in the email. For a good bit now, that hasn't been in the emails from them. But there it was back in todays spam. :mad: Does anybody remember if that really happened. Or was I just having a fantasy???

BLFH,

dont forget http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...&f=17&t=001041

I never saw a (C) suit against them but I would have been a member in the suit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Guess it was a fantasy. :eek:

I don't think anyone is holding their breath for CJ to kick them out. Even if they did, the spam would still flow. If the fact that they give bogus info in their WHOIS isn't enough for CJ. Do a look up in any online yellow pages for PDHost in San Jose and you get no results. Even the BBB, http://www.bbbsilicon.org/common.htm...compid=212714, has no information for them except the address listed in WHOIS.

But Haiko, here's your chance for a possible lawsuit. http://mail.spamcon.org/pipermail/suespammers/20 02-May/002635.html Eliot Spitzer seems to want to go after spammers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Even if they are in the Virgin Islands or where ever, they are listing a US address in public records. Maybe you should have lunch with Spitzer......

[edited to fix links that were out of control]
    [sorry had to take the UBB URL code out. Was seriously messed up. Linked most of the text and not even to URL listed.]
    [ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: BestLittleFreeHouse ]

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: BestLittleFreeHouse ]

Let's see if the link works for me:

http://mail.spamcon.org/pipermail/su...ay/002635.html

If not, you need to take the space out between the 20 and the 02-May parts.

Christine Hall just LOVES me. She has visited all my sites and has a personal interest in wanting to ensure that they all rank really, really high in the search engines.

I know. She wrote and told me so. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, is Christine Hall the one that had/has the anti-site out there? The guy who was web hosting or running an ISP and got sick of her using his domain as a fake return address?

This guy was good. He hacked her computer and took everything on her hard drive, pics of her house, her at "work", etc. - even had nekkid pictures of her (VERY unimpressive) on his web site.

No, not a clue where that site was or what it was called - all I remember is it was about a really "big time" female spammer.

Don't forget Alexa does site screenshots too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't think anyone is holding their breath for CJ to kick them out. Even if they did, the spam would still flow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last I heard, CJ did take them down. Look for Todd's post in this thread:

Christine Hall thread

Unless they've reactivated them since this happened, they should still be gone.

Andy

Warning to all webmasters: your site is not listed in all the search engines!

Christine Hall is making the rounds again, hit two different E-mail addresses on my site again today. I wonder if anyone has reported her to her ISP or host?

She just never learns. SPAM, anyone? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I got one from her yesterday that was sent to the email address used to double opt-in my newsletter subscribers.
    She would have had to have signed up to the newsletter in order to receive an email from this address.
    Also, is she not doing the screenshot thing anymore?.. my email (unlike previous ones) only had a pic of a generic looking template in it, not my site..
    I wonder which email address was hers?

An SEO that can't find your site in the engines ... even when it comes up #1 and #2 for key terms. Kinda makes you wonder ... would *you* hire this person [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ?

ABW Ambassador
    I was always under the impression that the beloved Christine didn't actually exist.

The trouble with this kind of spam is that it works very well - not with us lot, maybe, but certainly with Joe Webmaster. It also gives SEO a bad name.

But I got one for my main domain the other day, telling me I couldn't be found on all the search engines. She's right of course, I haven't seen any rankings on Acoon.de, for example and my listing in UKIndex.com is nowhere to be found. How have I ever survived without this huge source of traffic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But I got one for my main domain the other day, telling me I couldn't be found on all the search engines. She's right of course, I haven't seen any rankings on Acoon.de, for example and my listing in UKIndex.com is nowhere to be found. How have I ever survived without this huge source of traffic<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you manage to sleep at night knowing this? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Andy

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread