ABW Ambassador
    Old Glory recently went through a site redo and all my links are no longer working. If you promote them, you better check your pages.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Got a $149.70 sale from them yesterday. I create all my own links using the advanced generator, though.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

You're right!!!!

Major problem!!!

Even though I got a couple of sales from them, today, my whole areas of my site are defaced with broken images!!

The links lead to an announcement saying

quote:
    Oops!
    The page you requested could not be found.

We have just launched our new website!
    Welcome to the new OldGlory.com

How could they do this to us?

Did anyone get a notice that this was going to happen?

I am so mad!!

How rude and short sighted. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

What do you all think? I need to replace their links post haste. They are a good earner for me. Should I chase down the new linking and rebuild all the pages. Or, is this their rude way of letting us know that they don't give a flying falala about their CJ affiliates and that they are ending the program any way? Should I rebuild with another advertiser who I think is good but as yet unproven?

If I use the other advertiser, I feel I will be putting too many eggs in one unproven basket.

Old Glory was one way I had of diversifying.

What to do now?

Should I seek someone entirely different?

I can't believe they did this!!!!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    they do well for us, not a huge earner, but I had just spend July and August makign pages and promoting their stuff. Only now for all that work to go to "opps" pages.

I wasted a lot of time, and they didn't notify me of the update to their site. It only went into effect a few days ago.

There are others, but for the products I was promoting, they were clearly the best.

Well, I am just sick that they did this. I have decided to use Earth Spirits Emporium
    because I must make a quick change.

What you gunna do? You can PM if you don't want to say here.

LOL!

I just had a post go for review!!

Not a single bad word.

Can't figure it out.

Very strange, indeed.

I think it was the g-word.

It must have thought it was another word -lol.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

nope nope nope - ya cain't gunnu, ya gotta gvunna.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

Nope!

The post still hasn't shown up.

What gives?

Hey, moderator! E-mail me what word flagged it. Inquiring minds want to know.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm kinda stuck. they had a good bunch of junk I was selling and had nicely targetted traffic for. I just can't believe they did this. CJ has not resonded either.

Whatever happened to "we don't make money unless you do?"

CJ can't be makign any money, at least from product links thats for sure.

Yeah, me too. I will just have to take down whole areas of my site.

What jerks. I have written them both through CJ and from their own site and no reply. I wonder how many affiliates they have.

I wish I knew their intentions. I would like to use them because they have some really good stuff. They had the best Goth and Left-hand-path items and I was thrilled to find them. But, what's a mother to do?

I can't believe they treated us this way.

Here's what they say
    quote:
    Hello,

We apologize for the problems you are having with OldGlory.com links. On Friday we launched a new site and hence the links that we have with Commission junction need to be corrected. We are in the process of cleaning them up and anticipate them being completed by this evening. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your interest in OldGlory.com.

Liam Walsh
    Internet Marketing Manager
    OldGlory.com

At least they answered.

I am still SO mad. I want to give them the old heave ho but I really want their products. I do not look forward to all the work to remaking the pages. It will be a task and a half. I do not mind that nearly as much as not even getting the courtesy of an e-mail warning me that all the pages I have for them were going to be defaced.

ABW Ambassador
    I got an answer from CJ today:

quote:

OldGlory broke their CJ tracking by accident and are trying to fix it ASAP. They'll be compensating their publishers appropriately.

i'm glad they are going to compensate me, but I've only had them for about 2 months so not sure how much I'll be getting. I was just starting to crank on them when this happened.

OldGlory has yet to reply to any of my 3 emails. I'm upset bacause they didn't inform us, the product pages all go to their main page, and the new site doesn't work for me. They really had great pages for me to work off on the old system, but now they seem to be using the search function to generate pages on the fly. However, that returns 17 pages of stuff for the search term I use! Like my customers are going to wade thru 17 pages of stuff to find what I sent them there to find.

Note to old glory: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Opps, too late, now it's broke....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just like you guys I was changing out my 123Music product links to OldGlory. Bummer. My footer still goes to to Holdup Suspenders "old Glory" suspenders ordered by several bands as promotional items... www.suspenders.com/oldglory.htm

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Just a follow up..

OG did reply to my emails. Apologized, said they were working to fix things. No mention about compensation for down time, and no estimation on when they'd be back 100%, just "ASAP."

I'll probably tough it out. They had the right products for my site and the old site really was nicely designed and converted pretty well. But I'm upset they didn't inform us of the change.

However, I'm actively looking for a replacement. If I find one, great, otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet for now.

I'm using the advanced generator to re-create thousands of links. A big pain in the butt but it seems to work. That way you don't have to wade through 17 pages for the product. If they change or screw up again, I will not do this.

ABW Ambassador
    Can you get to OG? I can't get there at all.

I was getting there fine on the 10th and building new links.

Now, they are totally gone!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

What the heck!!!

Yesterday showed 132 clicks for them but no sales.

I didn't check the pages yesterday so I guess my potential customers were pulling up
    quote:
    The page cannot be displayed

[This message was edited by SSanf on September 12, 2002 at 06:14 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Well I finally can get to the site.

But what do you think of the makeover? I don't care for it at all. 60% of the pages are to promote OG, not sell the product.

They seem to be trying to be a comic book, not a store.

They also have a "free cataglog" request form. (They may have had it before, but I didn't notice it.) Does our affiliate code get recorded on it in?

Well, I will be linking directly to the page that sales the product. But, funny thing is that I had some folks click on the broken links and made a few sales off the new home page. So, I don't know. It may sale. Have to wait and see.

It may be worth putting a banner to their new home page. I am thinking of giving it a shot.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread