Potential Merchant Seeks Feedback
    Greetings, all,

I'm evaluating putting together an affiliate program to help market my company, Snap.com, a new kind of search engine. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to structure the program would be greatly appreciated--my thoughts are to pay affiliates per search, but it's a question of how much, etc. Is a tiered commission worthwhile or not?

Much appreciated,

Paul Angles
    Last edited by loxly; November 21st, 2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: removed manual sig

Quote Originally Posted by paulsnap
    > I'm evaluating putting together an affiliate program to help market my company [name deleted], a new kind of search engine. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to structure the program would be greatly appreciated--my thoughts are to pay affiliates per search, but it's a question of how much, etc. Is a tiered commission worthwhile or not? <
    I haven't seen any success from any tiered programs for years, so I'd rule that out.

It's unclear what kind of relationships you're looking for -- are you looking for "search partner" or just plain affiliates to send you traffic? Take a look at Google's offerings under AdSense for Search, and of course the other companies in the space.

One of the problems here is the huge amount of fraud in the space -- there are thousands of "search-affiliates" whose specialty is generating traffic in artificial ways to get money.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread