I've noticed a precipitous drop in Amazon sales over the last couple of days. My sales these last two days (these were sales for July 20 and 21, but they posted the last two days) have been worse than they've been in many months. I can't remember the last time I had a day as bad as either yesterday or today, at a time when my Amazon sales have been steadily growing. I'd like to figure out if I'm having bad luck or if there's genuinely something amiss. Has anyone else noticed this and had similar problems or is it just me? Thanks, Dave

I'm seeing the same thing. Traffic remains the same as it has always been but sales have dropped from 15-20 or more a day to 1-5 a day and I actually show 0 sales on a few days.

Makes no sense to me but anytime the stats are delayed, my sales are way off and the stats have been constantly delayed lately.

You raise an interesting point Heidi, I've also noticed that stats have been unusually delayed lately, but I hadn't given any thought to the significance of that. I've never looked closely enough to notice a correlation between the times that stats are delayed and how I do in sales. That's something I'll keep an eye on from this point forward. Thanks, Dave

Shipped goods were down for 20-21, as expected for a weekend. Other than that, just normal spikes, I think.

I think you're partially right Webmistress, I did neglect to take shipping into account. Since Amazon lists its stats based on when a product is shipped rather than when it's purchased, it's normal for stats to drop further during the weekend due to more limited shipping.

However, I'm concerned that there might be more to it. Looking back at weekends in the past, I don't remember ever seeing this great a drop-off from weekday to weekend commissions. Now it could be that Amazon has for some reason decided to reduce its weekend staff and curtail shipping even on weekends even more than in the past, but I'm skeptical. I guess we'll see when the stats for the 22nd are posted. If there's an abnormally large commission then it will validate your point and show that the weekend commissions just got deferred to the next weekday. If they're still down or even just have normal commissions, then there really is reason for concern. Thanks for your input, Dave

I really just think it's summer spikieness:

editing for problems with table

Forget it, just trust me, it's seasonal spikies.

[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: webmistress ]

Yeah stats are horribly delayed and I'm getting an unusually high number of orders not yet shipped.

My Amazon sales have tanked, too.

I do not know if it is related or not.
    I placed an order last weekend with Amazon. On Monday, I received an email stating my order would be delayed. When I clicked the link for order status, here is what it reads:

1 of: Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time: The Historical Jesus & the Heart of Contemporary Faith, by Marcus J. Borg
    - Updated shipping estimate: July 26
    - Updated delivery estimate: July 31 - August 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 of: HTML: A Beginner's Guide, by Wendy Willard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 of: Money and the Meaning of Life, by Jacob Needleman

As you can see, the shipping estimate was july 26 and the delivery estimate was july 31-Aug.6
    I got the email Monday and my package was waiting on my doorstep Tuesday. It had to be shipped before the email was sent. Perhaps a bug in the system?
    Seems strange to me. I have not received any more communication.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sounds like bonus time for Bezos. Surprised Amazon doesn't get targeting by the Feds crawling over all the WorldComs -Enrons and now moving towards the Mass retailers. SEC investigator question of the week: Does Amazon sell "cooked books"???

[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread