Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Online Marketing Consultant
    Smile lets list some good things about CJ
    In the past few weeks I have only seen a few posts about CJ that have been good. To be fair, I think we should also point out some of the positives like the easy to use interface.

Their open communication policy!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Their domain name is short.

ABW Ambassador

Their open communication policy!

lol

Cool
    they are in a nice neighborhood and their checks cash OK.

"Used to be" one of my favorite networks.

But that was a couple of years ago before they sold out and ValueClick took over.

But to give them some credit, they do pay every month and pretty much on time.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    To be fair, I think we should also point out some of the positives.
    FOR WHAT?
    Do you think they are going to change their ANTI-AFFILIATE strategy?
    Are they going to stop promoting scumware?
    Are they going to remove predators like Second Bite?
    Stop pushing Parasites like eBates to the merchants?
    And we can go on and on...

Why do we have to do the apology of people giving a bad image to affiliate marketing? Their owners are pushing crapware to our customers. Because we're making money with them, come on... and they pay us on time. Yes, but I'm not to happy to be one of their affiliates. I don't like helping feeding people without ethics. If more merchants were not dependant of them and had the possibility or the will to leave CJ, I'll follow them immediately. I did some maintenance on my links but I avoided carefully to add more CJ merchants since the LMI fiasco.

Just give us one GOOD reason for us to praise them. When was the last software improvement to help the affiliates. These last 3 years all the updates were counterproductive for us. They charge newbies for access to basic affiliate information. They were unable to find a replacement for Todd on this board...

They are not the same company I signed up around 1997, and I can't list anything good done for us by the new team.

I love CJ because tracking is never affected

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    they're not contagious?
    they're unarmed?
    they're incontinent?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Wow, tough crowd today. Nevertheless, they chipped in a check like clockwork, not sure how many checks in a row that is from them, but I'm sure it's in the fifties. Not a reall big check anymore, because I don't use them a whole lot. Nevertheless, I've always felt that you marry the merchant, not the network. That is, if the program sucks, nothing is going to change that. And similarly, if the network has some issues, at least they are providing some merchants that you can trust to work with you.

I know they are involved in numerous questionable activities, but I can't help liking them.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Easy-to-use interface
    Pay on time
    1800 & local phone call access fast

The money.

ABW Ambassador
    With any network I could make a big list of pros and cons, any network.

Since you asked for pros about CJ, things that come to mind:

Check like clockwork.
    Best interface out of all the networks.
    Huge selection of merchants.
    Great reporting.
    Nice banner rotation system.
    Great search funtions.

I'm sure I could list more.

I must say I do like CJ as well, I was very concerned a few month back but now that Java Links is not forced on us I rate them high on my list. Now only if SAS could buy CJ we would have it made.

Internet Cowboy
    I make money with their merchants. I get paid on time for the most part. There are lots of issues I, and many others, have with them, but overall I have to say that I am thankful for CJ. I am quick to criticize them at times only because I think they don't plan things out well enough and they can't process payments and report sales (two of their major functions) at the same time.
    Are there concerns of parasites? Sure. Welcome to the Affiliate Marketing industry. Are there better networks? YOU BET there are! Things are changing and the networks that really listen to their affiliates will end up with the cream of the crop, value add affiliate pool. Sooner or later the big merchants will start to follow. It is simple economics but will take corporate sites a while to shift gears.

15 years and counting
    I agree with you UncleScoot.
    They made me quite wealthy, I bought stuff I could not think about before and I had one of the best paid job in a huge cie.
    Thanks to them I was able to retire at 50 and I don't need to earn more money.
    I should be an happy affiliate, never had a month without many 000 on a check.
    I'm mad at what they did, the direction they took, their management of the company and beyond, what they did to Affiliate Marketing.
    Imagine what Brian (SaS) could have done with the money and the skill of the people inside CJ!

Internet Cowboy
    I agree completely Zeus. Issues, many issues.

ABW Ambassador
    They have their pros & cons but one thing that other networks should seriously learn from is their user friendly Interface which makes nearly all other networks look like rubbish in comparison. If other networks could pay a decent designer out of the huge profits they make to make an interface that we don't cringe at then they could be just as good & if not - better! This includes the general design, colors & elements but mainly functionality, also ways to get links, find and view information on merchants and reporting are just some of the things they do well in the interface and user friendliness of the website.

I must say I'm concerned about all the stories around here of them been in bed with parasite companies though and they need to sort this serious issue out right away otherwise they will lose all their good affiliates and merchants. They need to stand out of the crowd in this regard and make a stance, declare war on parasites and let us all know they care and are doing something about it.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I agree completely Zeus. Issues, many issues.
    As with any network.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    As with any network.
    It's hard to be perfect, I can excuse some networks. But what CJ did was wrong and without the pressure of ABW, it would have been worse, changing affiliates in publishers was just the first step.
    Affiliate marketing is still in its infancy, like UncleScoot, I'm seeing new networks coming, we waited for Buy At, others are already here.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    They have a nice bus, maybe even race car - it's just the direction it gets steered in that bothers me.

So while we can all rightfully compliment their vehicle on many, many fronts - in the end, is it meaningful to do so?

If a mugger has a cool knife and the baddest wide rim hat you ever saw, so what?

If a pickpocket is practiced and virtually indetectable, so what?

If a watermelon is seedless and juicy sweet, but is intentionally used to stone baby harp seals, does it's taste even matter?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, that's with all major networks. But ultimately it's up to the merchant who they let in and up to you on who you decide to partner with. If the topic is parasites, there are clean merchants at CJ.

15 years and counting
    That's not only about parasites, adware or other unetical activities, it's also their elitism, why do they have to discriminate between "super affiliates" and others, shutting down accounts with little activities, their attitudes, their one way communication, their lack of respect for affiliates, ...
    After a while, it shows

ABW Ambassador
    "it's also their elitism"

There's elitism everywhere, even your favorite network.

"shutting down accounts with little activities,"

That I've never agreed with. I've always said for people just starting out and don't get any sales in 6 months that if they contact CJ and ask to be reactived, that they just just reactivate them. Saves everybody time.

Communication as far as? Message boards, tickets, phone calls?

Not sure about the tickets, I've heard it's gotten worse. Phone works. Message boards, they are the worst nowadays. Performics, SAS, LS have somebody posting here from time to time.d

"lets list some good things about CJ"

You could put in SAS, Linkshare, Performics where the CJ is and I could make a very long list of BAD things for each network.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast