Outsourced Program Manager Ashish Selarka's Avatar
    Exclamation Opened SAS Account & Did the Program Announcement, Now What?
    Hey Everyone,

Well, we finally opened an account in SAS & did the program announcement on Abestweb, You can see that here. The question is what's next?

We are a small company and on a limited budget, but are very dedicated. I have been busy getting the banners ready, and other aspects of the program going, such as (ie. coupons to promote). There are some final adjustments to be made, but we are pretty much ready to go hard.

I have also increased our Commission structure from any ABW-members who joins the program to 10% and $5 for putting up our links.

I definitely would appreciate any advice you experts may have for a newby like ourselves.

Thanks
    Ashish
    affiliates^at^brandlet.com

Is your site up and running? I clicked on the shirt on the home page and it won't let me see other colors or place an order when I tested it.

To answer your questions about what next, you need to be active with your affiliates, find out what they want and need, adjust accordingly. If you don't have time to manage your affiliate program, considering having someone at SAS (like Carolyn Tang) run it or hire one of the Outsourced Program Management (OPM) folks listed here at ABW.

First and foremost, though, I woulds spend lots of time searching and reading here at ABW to see what others have done when starting their programs.

Best of luck with your program.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi 7-Days,

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question. When you click on the product (in this case, the shirt), it takes you to the detail page. Where the customer logs in and if he/she is not a member, they can become a member right away & log in instantly. Then they can select quantity, colors & size.

Regarding your second comment, about being active, I completely agree, but in order to communicate, I need to have affiliates sign up as well, that's where I am having some problem.

At the moment, my only duties are Affilaite Marketing program, so I am here full time.

If there are any other suggestions that you can provide and/or how to make the site better and more attractive for both the customers & affiliates, I would greatly appreciate it.

Finally, I would greatly appreciate any tips you might have to attract new affiliats to promote our website here on Abestweb.

Thanks again for your input.

Ashish

The biggest problem I see with your log in requirement is you are requiring customers to register (and give their email address) before they can see the details about your products. As a potential customer, that would turn me away because you also state that puts me on your newsletter list when all I wanted to see was the color options for a shirt. You should only require some kind of log in at the shopping cart page, in my opinion.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Point Noted. I will get to work with my web guys to take care of that issue. Thanks again for that valuable input.

Any word of wisdom on how to recruit more affiliates ?

Ashish

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread