Newbie questions
    Am just starting out on the affiliate programs ladder and have got a few questions. I've only spent a little time reading a few topics here so far, but have already discovered that the best advice is to come here often and read, read, read

Anyway, sorry that these are probably questions which have been asked many times before, but still. I signed up with ClickBooth a few days ago and couldn't find the answers on their site, so am wondering:

1. When they say "Campaign Limited To: United States", does this mean that only people in the US can promote the offer, or only people in the US can take advantage of the offer but anyone can promote it?
    2. Does "Category: Email Marketing" mean you can promote the offers by email? If not, are there some offers you can promote by email? And what do they class as that? Do they allow you to use PTR sites?
    3. This might be covered in the above question, but what do they mean by "Incentivized Traffic"? Also: what do they mean by "Incentivized Only!!"?
    4. Finally, what methods are acceptable for getting traffic to your site? Do they allow you to display advertiser's banners and then get 1,000 hits to your site through purchasing paid emails? What about 50,000 hits a month through PTP page rotator views? LOL.

Dave.

Sorry! I see I've posted this in the wrong area! Could someone move it to the Newbie FAQ's section, where hopefully I may be better placed for finding out some answers?

Thanks.

Dave.

CPA Network Rep
    I would move it if I could...maybe I'm too much of a noob myself or maybe just admin has to do it. Not sure but I can't help you (on either front).

Welcome to ABW though!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave2319
    Could someone move it to the Newbie FAQ's section...
    Done, Dave, and welcome to ABestWeb!

Geno

Thanks, Geno and Gillian

So anyone know the answers to the questions?
    If ClickBooth's too much of a small name and most people here aren't with them, could you maybe refer to similar wordings, methods etc on the sites you are with?

Thanks.

Dave.

Dave,

1. You would need to see the affiliate program's TOS (Terms of Service) to find out if it is "US affiliates only" or "US customers only" that they refer to.

2. Yes, "e-mail marketing" category means that they can (or wish to) be promoted by e-mail marketing.

3. "Incentivized traffic" includes visitors who receive some form of compensation for visiting a website. Incentives may include cash, instant % back, discounts, points, and alike. Incentivized traffic is often treated as a lower quality traffic, as visitors are normally not interested in doing anything beyond gaining the incentive.

4. All and any acceptable & unacceptable promotion methods should also be mentioned in the program's TOS.

Geno

Thanks for the info, Geno
    It's certainly clarified numbers 2 & 3, but unfortunately 1 & 4 aren't clear in their TOS, so since these things can be program-specific it's probably best if I write and ask them directly. Therefore I'll do that

Thanks

Dave.

Thanks for the info, Geno
    It's certainly clarified numbers 2 & 3, but unfortunately 1 & 4 aren't clear in their TOS...
    Dave, you will be surprised how many affiliate programs do not have TOS, or have unclear TOS...

...so since these things can be program-specific it's probably best if I write and ask them directly. Therefore I'll do that
    Yes, this is the best thing to do. I hope they will reply to you promptly and clearly.

Geno

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread