GoldenCan Coupons need improvement
    GoldenCan Coupons Comment
    - not comprehensive, exhaustive
    - not updating timely
    - lots of coupons released by merchants are left out

i don't expect one man individual affiliate can update
    hundreds to thousands of merchant's deal
    faster than a large corporation who has a team of staff

HSN.com Customer Appreciation Days Free S&H on top rated products purchased online, October 4th & 5th Free Shipping end soon

Affiliate Manager
    Yes, goldencan should either use the SAS rss feeds (in case of SAS merchants) to update their coupons or let merchants manually add new coupons to goldencan whenever they are available.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

There is no better method compared to the merchant or advertiser do this work directly.

If you have to pass this info for others to update them,
    more delay and error, but i still believe a big company who has more staff should do much better than one man band doing the same thing .

Sorry to see that so many coupons are left out.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashok
    Yes, goldencan should either use the SAS rss feeds (in case of SAS merchants) to update their coupons or let merchants manually add new coupons to goldencan whenever they are available.
    Hi Ashok,
    We have a dedicated team adding and managing the coupons everyday. We use SAS and other network feeds and merchants email to get the latest coupons. Of course the job of our coupon team is to manage the coupons with responsibility so merchant's do not have to worry about their coupons on GoldenCAN but in case someone make a mistake or miss a certain coupon you can always email us and we can make sure to add those coupons ASAP.

Affiliate Manager
    you can always email us and we can make sure to add those coupons ASAP
    I'll make a note of that, Thanks!
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

I was wondering about this in regards to the coupon and price drop feeds. If the merchant currently has no coupon or price drop, do they have to show up in the category list? Sometimes I click on several before I can tell whether it's working or not because they have none listed.

I'm thinking that if the category display only had stores with current coupons, the constant change in display would help SEO. BTW, I use the GetData PHP, if that makes a difference in the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    I was wondering about this in regards to the coupon and price drop feeds. If the merchant currently has no coupon or price drop, do they have to show up in the category list? Sometimes I click on several before I can tell whether it's working or not because they have none listed.

I'm thinking that if the category display only had stores with current coupons, the constant change in display would help SEO. BTW, I use the GetData PHP, if that makes a difference in the way it works.
    Judi,

I believe that the GoldenCAN multiple merchant list will display all merchants whether they have coupons or no coupons. I agree with you that the merchants that are currently not displaying coupons should not be displayed in the list. This would make things much easier and cleanier for your users. I have put a request into the development team and they will be working on updating this feature.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Ralph
    GoldenCAN

Thanks, Ralph - BTW, welcome to ABW and this great group.

I'm glad to hear they are working on it. It seems like it should be a pretty simple If-then-else type of statement, but I only think this stuff up - I can't seem to figure out how to actually do it. So I say.......... Go, development team! You're doing great!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread