Is Batteries.com Still w/ Shareasale?
    I was approved w/ Batteries.com back in July and I've had links and banners going from my site to theirs, but now it shows my status as pending. I thought it was autoapproved w/ them?? Are they still with Shareasale?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    They're still there but the AM left
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I had the same problem. I was able to get in touch with the new AM, Andre. I suggest that you go to your SAS account, go to Batteries.com's program description. You will find a link there at the top where you can contact the merchant.

I have been with them at SAS and CJ for some time. Wednesday I received an email from them that I had been denied. I was able to get in touch with Andre through email and then he called me to get things straightened out. He is great to work with.

He is the process of looking into everything that was done just before the old AM left. He had emailed me and asked that I give him until the middle of next week to looking into some things. He said that he would normally be a little faster, but he would be out of the office Thursday and Friday because of the holiday. With batteries being such an important item this weekend, I emailed him back to see if he could reinstate me until he had time to check it out so I wouldn't have to take down the links until then.

He jumped right on it, checked out my site, called me and listened. Couldn't ask for more from any AM.

Also, they are contemplating going to one network. Like I said he does listen. I explained why I had left CJ and am only going to work with mainly SAS, he was interested and is planning on looking into their decision closer.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    if they leave SAS, i won't be joining them at CJ. i've had 33 sales with them so far this month, so i hope they do stay at SAS.

I joined a couple weeks ago and emailed asking for some marketing materials. They never got back to me, so they're missing out on my abundant holiday traffic

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I am really sad to hear that this is going on, and wish that I was still working on the Batteries.com program. It sounds like they may be heading for a big mistake, but I hope I am wrong.
    KK

Exclamation
    I don't have sales or traffic, yet, although my feed site is starting to get robot hits on its 16K pages. We'll just wait and see . . .

I just think it sort of sucks to end a program w/ an affiliate and not inform them.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

nothing's ended yet for me, getting sales and listed as online at sas. maybe they just stopped approving new affs there at sas while they decide whether to continue with sas or with complicit junction...

I'm not sure what's up I just know I was affiliate two months ago and now I'm not...and nobody let me know. I hope their new AM learns to communicate.
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    "I was approved w/ Batteries.com back in July and I've had links and banners going from my site to theirs, but now it shows my status as pending."

Did you get some kind of notice when that happened? I had a merchant do that before. I was approved, put up links and was getting sales every now and then. Then I noticed not gettin any for awhile and then checked and I was set to pending. Do your links still go thru to the merchant when that happens or do you get an error page?

Same thing...was an affiliate 2 months ago...now I'm pending. No notification by email.

Links DO NOT go through. When you click on the links, it says:
    "LINK NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE"

Looks like we'll have to take down the links, until it gets sorted out.
    Ken

Wow, was not like that when Kristin was running their program. Sorry to hear they are not running things the same way she did.

Yeah, that is sad to do things like that to an affiliate without any explanation.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Okay everyone. I did a little checking with some people I use to work with there and Andre is a Call Center Rep that has been passed this responsibility as well. They are looking to shut down SAS but may reconsider if top performers refuse to move, but don't hold me to that, it just a feeling the "informer" had.

That is all I was able to find out. I am not sure for the random kicking of affiliates.

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the kind words
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier
    They are looking to shut down SAS but may reconsider if top performers refuse to move, but don't hold me to that, it just a feeling the "informer" had.
    Well gosh, the fact that they're with SAS is the main reason I wanted to work with them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Internet Cowboy
    I expected this.
    They have people running their affiliate program now who are no doubt spread far too thin and their program will suffer. If they leave SAS I for one am gone. Ironically enough I got an email from their competitor on SAS this week telling me they gave me a raise so I have nothing to lose by replacing my Batteries.com links. I worked with Batteries.com because of Kristen and it looks like they have lost their focus on the affiliate channel since she left and nobody is managing their program. That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "I was approved w/ Batteries.com back in July and I've had links and banners going from my site to theirs, but now it shows my status as pending."

Did you get some kind of notice when that happened? I had a merchant do that before. I was approved, put up links and was getting sales every now and then. Then I noticed not gettin any for awhile and then checked and I was set to pending. Do your links still go thru to the merchant when that happens or do you get an error page?
    I had sales at SAS w/ them and I don't even know for sure when my status moved from Active to Pending. Links go to a page saying the links are inactive. I deleted them..and I'm moving on.
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    I also found an email saying my application was rejected but I have been with them for sometime . I just checked my site & see all links are dead plus Golden can links as well and they are all down. Pretty disappointing, not a good way to manage a program by all means. I think AMs should get a license before taking over a program or take one of Andy's course's before they get behind the drivers seat and totally screw up another AM's hard work. Now I'm lucky to see I'm with them over at CJ although I used sas links but never got many sales but It will be interesting to see what happens when using CJ links which I'm about to publish shortly...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    After reading this thread, I just went and checked my links (SAS) and they are all working, and the click through tracked as well.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Lightbulb
    I just went into my SAS account and noticed I had to give Batteries.com permission to access my email addy. Switched it on in case there was info coming.

Tested just now, my SAS links for batteries.com are working (I opted in to sharing my email long ago). Had several sales yesterday as well.

Emailed Andre a link to the thread.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread