15 years and counting
    Cosmeticmall, Second Bite & CJ
    I placed an order on Flamingoworld.com to buy "Select Items On Sale 20-75% off!" from Cosmeticmall.
    Well, I left just before punching my CC numbers.

Flamingoworld.com cookie is set on my computer.

5 minutes later I received my first email:
    from mailbox@cosmeticmall.com
    "Dear You,
    Here is your CosmeticMall.com Account Information.
    THIS IS NOT A SOLICATATION NOR A MASS email, IT IS A ONE-TIME DIRECT
    COMMUNICATION ADVISING YOU OF A CHANGE IN YOUR ACCOUNT STATUS. YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS ALREADY CONTAIN YOUR CHOSEN PREFERENCE TO OPT-IN OR OPT-OUT OF OUR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS. YOUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED, WE NEVER SHARE YOUR email ADDRESS WITH ANYONE."

Less than 2 hours later same day, got my second one:

from support@cosmeticmall.com
    Dearvalued customer,
    Thank you for visiting Cosm etic Mall. We noticed you left withoutcompleting your order. Simply click on the shopping cart button belowto be taken back to the site to complete your purchase.
    https://app.secondbitesolutions.com/...0000&eid=00000

sid and eid replaced by 0 by me. Spelling mistakes from cosmeticmall / secondbite.

Second Bite cookie is set
    Connie Berg lost her commission.

CJ what about your agreement:
    CosmeticMall: High conversion rate. Average sale over $40. National marketing & PR campaign. Give women what they want!
    Commission 10.00%
    Action Referral Period 45 day(s) F... lie: Less than 2 hours

CJ, you're getting your dirty share, you're cheating your affiliates and you're helping Second Bite to steal our Money.

CJ, we want our money back.

To learn more about second bite:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81953

15 years and counting
    Forget to add:
    What else can we expect. They are hidding secondbite mail server:
    support@cosmeticmall.com F... Lie again

YOUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED, WE NEVER SHARE YOUR email ADDRESS WITH ANYONE.

F... Liar

Return-Path:
    Received: from sb-mail01.secondbite.com (sb-mail01.secondbite.com [206.55.125.136])

Report them for spamming.

If enough affiliates did that, they would be careful to send these cookie-washing emails and if they don't, at least the spam ends up in the spam folder.

15 years and counting
    To report them just for spamming would be too nice.
    I want them to rot in jail together with the thieves running these networks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look for the smaller merchants using hosted shopping carts to whack you for a secondbite at SAS and MyApp.... Here's just one of many
    Second Bite integrated technology can increase your revenue by 24%

Problem: 75% of consumers abandon their online shopping cart prior to purchase.

Solution: A second bite at the apple. http://www.mycart.net/HTML/SecondBite.asp

Second Bite integrated technology drastically increases return on investment by offering consumers additional opportunities to purchase previously selected items after they abandon their shopping cart. Our system provides the consumer with an opportunity to review an order and reinitiate the check out process from within an email message. The permission-based email message is delivered immediately after Second Bite detects the abandonment and contains the abandoned shopping cart’s content, including items selected, prices, shipping costs, and taxes. Up to two more follow up permission-based email messages can be sent out by the Second Bite system and may include heightened calls-to-action, such as additional discounts or other incentives.

Second Bite integrated technology can increase your revenue by 24% by merely converting 8% of your website’s abandonments. This solution is safe, secure, seamless, and is FREE with all MyCart Accounts. ... http://www.mycart.net/HTML/Terms_And_Conditions.asp

Here's an affiliate enabled merchant to avoid.... Pre-release partners of Secondbite have experienced click-to-sales rates of up to 22 percent, claims Clearwater, FL-based Think Partnership.

Multichannel retailer Personal Creations, which offers personalized gifts via a catalog and Web site, has been working with Secondbite for the past several weeks via an affiliate marketing relationship. “We want to get a better idea of what the issue of abandoned carts means for us,” said Nick Martin, Personal Creations affiliate marketing manager.

The shopping cart abandonment rate for Personal Creations is about 61 percent. Nearly 70 percent of the company’s total sales come from its Web site at www.personalcreations.com.

Personal Creations shoppers who have filled out a shopping cart and abandoned it automatically receive an e-mail within a couple of hours letting them know that Personal Creations realizes they didn’t complete their order and includes a link that will take them directly back to their shopping cart. If the shopper doesn’t respond to the e-mail, two to three days later another e-mail is generated with a coupon for 10 percent off their order.

Two weeks after going live with Secondbite, Personal Creations (Linkshare) had become one of its top five affiliates in terms of sales.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Problem: 75% of consumers abandon their online shopping cart prior to purchase.
    There's a reason for that. Customers are getting scared.
    Do you know these people at CosmeticMall are also selling customers privacy and CC data to trilegiant.com ?
    If you don't know them:
    http://groups.msn.com/USBankComplain...rilegiant.msnw

I can't wait to hear the explanation for this one, if anyone even offers one. I can see how the merchant may not know what is going on but now that it's out, it will be interesting to see what's done about it.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    WE NEVER SHARE YOUR email ADDRESS WITH ANYONE.
    I guess SecondBite is not "anyone"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Well there will be more buzz about Second Bite and MetaRewards being "hard wired" into affiliate enabled merchant shopping carts. Privacy violations or passing consumer info to a commissioned 3rd party incentive marketer is not something a shopper bargained for when putting something into a shopping cart.

I just got off the phone to a nice California lady reporter seeking some feedback on the Google Checkout pure test I did for Holdup Suspender Company. I summarized that study by giving her all the plus and minus points from both a merchant's and shoppers viewpoint. The short phone interview went on for 1 hour as I mentioned Google Checkout would never compromise either the merchant or the shopper like what goes on in the affiliate enabled merchants normal checkout process. BOG PLUS for Google Checkout payment options as this would be impossible for the 3rd party Gorilla marketer to get embeded into the GC process that shields shoppers from this type of exploitation.

I explained the POS (Point Of Sale) attack dogs cookie stuffing or forcing sales credit cookies via Adware/Spyware BHO popups. Then I jumped right into the newest commission sharks placing their datamining scripts right into merchant's shopping carts to force set their cookies with immediate e-mail campaigns using the shoppers cart contents and privacy information. All approved and implimented by the Affiliate management team throwing up a smoke screen to the real merchant sales management.

As with any commission kiting scheme the AM has to be an enabler working in concert with the datamining e-mail spamming incentive Super Affiliate. As pointed out in this thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81953 their is some serious ethics and privacy violations going on to enrich this Superaffiliate and their AM enabler.
    More info:
    http://www.thinkpartnership.com/
    http://www.siteconvert.com/
    How does Second Bite make money?
    "Second Bite works as an affiliate so the only cost ever associated with using Second Bite is any recovered sales or recovered sign-ups. We sign up as an affiliate in their affiliate network manager and accept whatever payout terms that are listed for that merchant. It it’s a percent of sales, we take a percent of sales. If it’s a dollar amount, we take that dollar amount. " "As a unique super affiliate, Second Bite gives merchants the opportunity to recover sales lost due to Internet shopping cart abandonment..."
    There sister company runs a Gorilla incentive marketing telemarketing operation teleCPA http://www.thinkpartnership.com/second-bite.aspx

The reporter said She'd become a member of ABW and read up on these hard wired cart affiliates" for a potential lead story. She asked about next weeks FTC meeting with the Adwhore BHO players and some folks supporting or doing research for www.stopbadware.com

Maybe Donuts and Ms. B or Ben Edleman would like to post here the meeting schedule and attendees, as their research should prove fruitful to her articles.
    Last edited by ecomcity; November 24th, 2006 at 09:28 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread