Controlling All My Newly Found ABESTWEB Friends
    Hi there guys,

Could anyone shed some light or point me to where i could see how to control all the newly found friends from ABW. I would really like to keep in contact with those that have taken the time to show me around and help me with my internet endeavours. And maybe pass on some of my knowledge.

Thanks again "guys", no disrespect to liz and gillian
    Andrew

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    We are uncontrollable, that's why we're self-employed!

Hi Leader
    ... i asked for that didn't i? your answer said it all controllable - i think not! so i see.

Rephrase: making sure i can keep track of the guys that have helped, through lists or control panels or someting like that within the ABW database system.

Take me to your Leader!!

Andrew

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, I see. (Some people have posted stuff like that and meant it just the way they wrote it!)

Once you get enough posts (we aren't allowed to say how many), you'll be able to access the PM system, etc. But I'm not aware of any way to make a master list with contact info within ABW itself. I may have just missed it, but I doubt it...

Maybe you could keep a spreadsheet or even a plain .txt file on your own computer? When I find some info here that I really want to keep, I usually put it in a big .txt file I have on my desktop.

Hi Leader
    thanks mate..., im not too worried about how many postings i get as long as i have the opportunity to pick your brains and in time i wont have to ask ridiculous questions i might be able to answer those riduculous questions all us new lemmings put forward.

I have been using my little "black book" for that purpose, if you hear anything about a possible answer to my question, drop me a line id appreciate it. Ive come to understand that this business is about streamling, so to speak.

Thanks
    Andrew

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Have you added folks to your Buddy List.

That feature creates a nice little window with listings of all your buddies which you can click on to see profiles, etc.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Whoops! Where'd the Buddy List go I can't find it. Guess I must have missed a change.

I see it the Control Panel but I don't see how to display it. Help....

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaGolf
    Have you added folks to your Buddy List.

That feature creates a nice little window with listings of all your buddies which you can click on to see profiles, etc.
    With 26 posts, I'm not sure you can access a Buddy List. Don't you remember?

Yes, Andrew, hold your horses. Once you've been here for a bit longer, and contributed to the life of the forum a bit more, you will have access to the Buddy List - the feature that will help you do what you are looking to do.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by GigaGolf
    Whoops! Where'd the Buddy List go I can't find it. Guess I must have missed a change.

I see it the Control Panel but I don't see how to display it. Help....
    Go to "User CP"; look on your left hand side under "Miscellaneous" (closer to the bottom of the side menu". There you will find you "Buddy / Ignore Lists", Rick.

Geno

I didn't know there was a buddy list -- not that I would use it anyway
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Don't feel bad, I have over 2000 posts and still can't edit my profile, use the buddy list, nor use many features. All I can do is post. I can't even get pms.

http and a telephoto
    Who needs a buddy list, we're all buddies here

Add your fav folks to Yahoo IM
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Flamingo - sounds like you may want to contact Haiko.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    We are uncontrollable, that's why we're self-employed!
    Yep Turtle - an early learning experience here!!
    Using the term "Control" (the dreaded "C" word) in this forum is comparable to repeatedly dropping the "F" bomb at a Christian childrens youth camp bible lecture!!

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Hey Alan
    You talk about the F-bomb, i belong to a road bike club, and way back when (we were only allowed to ride 50cc motorcycles) 12 of us decided to start this club. Since then weve been riding together and we regularly attend bike rallies, and one of the clubs that are always there looking after the drunkard stragglers is the CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association). The guys are always weary about the F-bomb when in their company, but i must admit these guys share the brotherhood and they are, for the most part pretty open about the 21 century.

Cheers, no on our rallys
    Andrew

Andrew,

Over here, we have the big chopper variety. In a community about 15 miles from our ranch, there is a place called Little Bear, where they have live music pretty much every night of the week.

On the weekends (when it is warm) there can be hundreds of pimped out (that's a yank term for customized) Harleys parked along the street and the place is packed with Easy Rider look alikes. I've often thought that it would be fun to get 100 or so business types together, rent 50 cc bikes, wear business suits or Caribbean beach clothes and take a group ride over to the Bear. It'd be funny - and who knows, maybe we could set a new trend for biker clothing.

Hey Alan
    Since our club started we have only two rules: We ride nothing that begins with an "H", so that includes harley,honda,Husaberg, and the rest. And number two is "Dont give Desmond (our road captain) anything to drink from a square bottle, (thats an entire story on its own). So i think that would be an awesome idea, problem being how the hell do we get Gary (6foot 145kg) onto a 50cc, the "boney" would disappear where the sun dont shine. Most guys here prefer the pocket rockets (superbikes) its only the yuppie crowd here with a bit of spare cash who thinks its cool to ride around once a month on those bucket of bolts cladded out in their frilly leathers and piss pot helmets.
    I like the beach boy outfits, infact i think from now on ill call the harley riders "BeachBoys"
    Chow for now

CPA Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by turtledesign
    Thanks again "guys", no disrespect to liz and gillian
    Andrew
    None taken from my side But again, it's true you (as I) will have limited access as we're just newbies. In time the doors will open, it seems to be based more on how much do you contribute rather than how many random posts did you make all over the site.

Hi Gillian
    Hey Gillain, sorry i think you thought i was referring to you not being able to contribute to my endeavours. I was actually referring to my signing off calling eveyone "Guys" i know there are also females that have welcomed me like yourself and Liz.

catch you later when we will be the ones answering all the dumb questions
    Andrew

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread