Stealing Affiliate Business
    Hi all,

I have got two affiliate companies that ive been promoting, one is a hosting company and one is an actual product. Ive had a number of visitors as is shown in my affiliate stats, my conversion rate has been zero not that im worried because im sure a liitle more time will prove rewarding. Recently, through the grapevine i been hearing things where affiliate business can be stolen by changing ids and so on , im a bit concerned; how do i find out more about how these guys are stealing my business?, im a novice and im sure i might be or maybe not a victim of this.
    Thanks
    Andrew

Do a search on the forum for "parasite" and you'll have enough reading material to keep you involved all weekend.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hi Beachy
    Thanks, will do

Andrew

Do a search on the forum for "parasite" and you'll have enough reading material to keep you involved all weekend.
    Hi Andrew,

Save some time in searching for "parasite", just go directly here first: ParasiteWare and then after you get familiar with all of those leeches with other names, then you can do a search on the forum for "parasites" and you'll have enough reading material to keep you involved for many months.

Sal.

Hi Sal
    Sh1t, man its because of you guys im getting no sleep these days LOL

Thanks, Sal

If you're like me, you'll read and read and get more confused. lol It'll definitely keep ya busy. There's a whole lot here about it and seems to be an ever evolving subject. It's definitely very well worth the effort, though. Soon as the holidays are over I'm gonna try to learn as much as I can about it so I can understand it all better. There's several threads going on now about second bite. Good luck and happy reading Don't think I've seen your name here before, so Hi, too

trutledesign,

Also be aware that it does take time to begin making consistant, real money with affiliate marketing. Do your research to make sure that you aren't getting cheated, but don't just assume that it is happening either.

Spend some of that time, tweaking and working your site. SEO and the likes to get more traffic.

Be safe, but remember that there is a lot of hard work that goes into getting each sale.

Sheri

Hi Sheri
    Thanks, i have been working on that to make sure no thieving scumbags take my credit. I discovered things like link cloakers, still dont know how to work them but ill get there as a matter of utmost urgency. Once i understand how they do it, - suppose then ill be able to apply counter-measures.
    SEO, yup almost up to speed with that. I was pretty lucky with that it was one of the first elements of online business that sort of fell my way. Strange how when you get started some aspects of online business you begin with only come to light later on down the line.
    If you have any other ideas, let them rip my way.

Thanks, regards
    Andrew

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread