Thumbs up Which are the top 5 US affiliate networks? Help needed with article please
    I write articles every week on affiliate marketing for a newsletter and was wondering if I could get some assistance from ABWers please. I would normally go through my rolodex of contacts, but time is of the essence. Because I suffered some downtime on one of my websites which has eaten up five hours of my time (avoid Lunarpages.com like the plague), I am behind schedule with this week's article. Also, by asking people on ABW, I can avoid accusations of being biased.

My question basically is: which are the top five affiliate US networks? If you could list them in order of size that would be useful. And, if you are willing to give an incisive quotation about one of them, that would be useful. I'd rather not have something critical because the article is for an affiliate network's newsletter and, although I always write articles which are as objective as possible, if I publish quotations which are critical of other networks it will be bad etiquette. I just wish to give a list and summary of the top five networks in the USA.

Please PM me your responses (best not to post as people may get into a slanging match about networks ). If you wish to comment on a network or two, please send the quotation(s), your name, your company. Could be great free advertising for your business as the newsletter goes out to over 30,000 people in affiliate marketing and related areas.

Thank you
    Last edited by Azam; November 25th, 2006 at 01:15 PM.

Nadeem,

You may find these nominations and this poll of help.

Geno

In order of total sales/commissions generated, it's probably:

LinkShare
    CJ
    Performics
    ShareASale.com

It's possible that CJ is larger than LinkShare, but it's pretty hard to tell. ValueClick (who owns CJ) and Rakuten (who owns LinkShare) don't break out the numbers. My feel is that LinkShare is slightly larger, but I could be wrong.

Of the remaining ones, I'm not sure who would be number 5 (or which ones people would even consider a network). I would say that none of the others are even in the same class at this time.

In terms of popularity with affiliates, the list is pretty much reversed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    What Michael said as the top 4, CJ and LS might flip flop. As far as popularity, depends on how what you're judging that on. Big networks are big because they have lots of affiliates and merchants.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    LinkShare
    CJ
    Performics
    ShareASale.com

In terms of popularity with affiliates, the list is pretty much reversed.
    I think the other network would be clickbank
    Not sure how well is perfomics doing cos they have not been getting much airtime

ABW Ambassador
    Clickbank is a network but not a traditional network like the other 4. Different from those in that's it's basically a place for digitally delivered download products. CJ, LS, Performics, SAS, top 4 no doubt. After that, it's open to debate. Then you have a different kind of network category, the CPA networks that deal mainly in lead type offers and such. CPAEmpire, Azoogleads, Incentaclick etc.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

The fifth spot is the one that confuses me, too. Not sure if it's Azoogle, CPA Empire, Clickbank or someone else.

Anybody else wish to chip in?
    Last edited by Azam; December 2nd, 2006 at 06:44 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    There is no clear cut 5th. The other ones you mentioned are CPA networks and Clickbank is a digital delivery product type network.

http and a telephoto
    Stick with 4, there isn't a fifth
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm starting to enjoy working with Affiliatefuture.com. and they're getting big now - I notice they now have a board of their own on the front page of the abestweb forum page. That could be because they now have a good list of merchants up and running, whereas this time last year they only had about 40 or so. They could be number 5 now.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My List of 4
    CJ - Offers lead programs that others do not

LS - Offers quality merchants that CJ does not

SAS - Better commissions, parasite free, fewer big name merchants but good niche merchants

Performics - Some big name merchants offered nowhere else

These are the ones that send me checks. Never made a dime with Befree.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

FYI, the article has just been published in our (PrimeQ's) newsletter, so no more need for info., though feel free to chat away

I just had a chat with Nadeem and he mentioned he would be delighted to email anybody a copy of the article if they're interested. Write to nazam AT primeq.co.uk

So did you end up finding a #5, or just sticking with 4?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Decided to opt for Clickbank Don't have hard figures to back up their ranking, but I'm sure they would be there or thereabouts.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    History repeats itself.........
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe Avantlink could be a contender for 5th? I like their interface, direction, technology & tools so I will pick them for number 5 even if they are not

oh yeah & don't forget that amazon is quite a large affiliate network too.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Glinted - "Maybe Avantlink could be a contender for 5th? I like their interface, direction, technology & tools so I will pick them for number 5"

Agree -- Avantlink should be in there somewhere....! they are a network and in my top TWO.......!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread