Daily Is CJ Down Again Thread
    I've had nothing since 20:00 yesterday. Just me or is everyone getting shut out so far today. It's the weekend so my guess is it's not just me. Would like to make it through one weekend without CJ crashing. Also wondering how many sales I lost when CJ was down on Thursday. Just to add further frustration, Ebay never ran a batch yesterday. I love CJ more and more every day

15 years and counting
    Sales are reported. Delay <2H

I guess it's just me then. Real strange. Better than avg. click through, and everything else performing better than average today. Hard to believe no CJ sales.

Thanks for the reply.

15 years and counting
    I work only with a few merchants at CJ. I don't have ebay links and I don't promote lead programs so it could be one or more merchants not reporting.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm seeing sales fine. Depends how many merchants you're seeing this problem with. Sometimes it's a CJ problem that affects everybody. Could be a merchant specific problem, could be that people are out shopping. Monday it really kicks in. People are back to work looking online for things they couldn't find on the weekend.

It's across the board with all of my five major merchants. Just a bad day I guess. Very abnormal. Hopefully will pick up later tonight.

Thumbs down
    eBay has not reported yesterday or today... typical weekend crash...

no sales are lost.....yah right... you can't keep servers online but we are too trust that your tracking is fully functional. What can you do? When you depend on a third party (CJ) you are at their mercy.

ABW Ambassador
    I think that's more an ebay issue. Todd posted a long time ago they have a different kind of setup. It's why in the past when the rest of CJ was having problems, I would always see ebay stuff coming in, only merchant. And now with Rover, they're handling more of it. Not sure exactly how all that works. Even when LMI was being talked about:

"With respect to Commission Junction’s LMI initiative, eBay publishers do not have to migrate to CJ’s new link structure."

So if you're not having ebay stuff showing, more likely an ebay issue.

Finally had a couple 13:00 & 14:00 sales come in. Just a real bad morning.

Reporting has been fine here.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

No eBay batches for 23rd and 24th. "Active registrations" are posting as usual.
    All other merchants - no problems. Turns out to be a pretty good day.

Hey People,

How're you folks doin' with NewEgg, Buy.com, Coffee4Less, JewelryTelevision and the ink vendors?

What's a typical clicks/sale ratio on these?
    I ask because I'm wondering if reporting is at fault, or whether it's just a matter of poor ads (Adwords).

I'm getting a decent number of clicks, but absolutely no sales.

I'm also trying Northern Tool UK (targeting UK surfers, of course). Has anyone had luck with them?

Happy Holidays,
    Chris

eBay just posted the "Winning Bids" for yesterday, but Thursday's are still MIA.

I put up about 1000 product ads from Buy.com last week to replace similar product links from a Linkshare merchant that shut down their program. Since that time I'm 0 for about 200 clicks on the Buy.com ads. Averaged a 15% conversion with the old linkshare links for the same products. Just my experience thus far and probably not representative of the overall program.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have enough traffic to the merchants Bouffoc was asking about except Buy.com and for the year, I'm doing great with them:

0.239 = Almost 24% conversion.
    $71.03 EPC

I've had an absolutely terrible day. In fact, I made three purchases myself that have not posted.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I read somewhere on this board that Buy.com posts sales after the order ships. With the holiday & weekend that would mean Monday. I just started running ads last night for some of their stuff, so if the above is NOT accurate I need to lower my bids as I am showing a big goose egg so far.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, they don't post sales until they ship. If you've had some, probably will start showing Monday.

Relief, at least 'til Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Yep, they don't post sales until they ship. If you've had some, probably will start showing Monday.
    Oh, wow, any idea how many that's true for, Trust? ...NewEgg? ToysRUs(Linkshare)?

That's at least a reprieve from the worry. The PPC charges are piling up. Just gotta have faith, I guess.

Thanks Trust,
    Chris

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure about the other two, there are probably others that do some good sales with them that could help you out.

As far as PPC, I would really watch it with the merchants you've chosen. You should of course watch it with any merchant but electronics/computer merchants usually pay a lower percentage and not the highest converting categories. Not sure if you've had past success with them. I'm sure some people are doing good with them, just not something I personally would do PPC with. As far as Buy.com, if you're not already using them, post up the coupons they have. They help.

Thanks for the info, Trust.

We will see what the picture looks like on Monday. In my case, I am playing with a new site with ZERO SE traffic. PPC is the only way to drive sales in the short term. However, if I am in the hole too deep com monday, the idea might need some rethinking.

Sales from 11/24 & 11/25 just posted in CJ for several merchants. I wondered by things looked so slow the last couple of days.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread