Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legal to post Screenshots of your CJ earnings?
    I don't see why not, but for some reason I've got this feeling that I read that this is generally frowned upon (if not downright against the TOS). Can't remember.

BTW, this thread could apply to almost any affilate network. Is it okay to use screen shots of your earnings pages to establish your credibility? I don't want to brag by any means. I'd like to use them as proof that I "know my stuff" so that I can sell internet marketing materials.

Comments/thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen people post pictures of their checks before:

http://www.johnchow.com/index.php/th...google-whores/

not sure on the rules with CJ. I've posted CJ stats screenshots here before but not of earnings but conversion rate and some other ones. Don't see why it would be a problem but you could call and ask to make sure.

What would it prove? That you can spend $20,000 for traffic and receive $20,001 in commissions? Unless you're proving a profit, all it shows is that you received a large cheque.

Any number can be manipulated.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    What would it prove? That you can spend $20,000 for traffic and receive $20,001 in commissions? Unless you're proving a profit, all it shows is that you received a large cheque.
    That's a good point. One that I didn't even think of. When you seek all of those "Clickbank" earnings screenshots I now have to wonder how much they spend on advertising.

FYI, I tried paid advertising (Adwords, MSN) and got spanked. I now rely strictly on SEO, affiate and refer-a-friend type promotion methods.

ABW Ambassador
    So how much profit do you make with CJ?

I've made about $5k from CJ over the last 6 months. I've migrated away from them to many of the smaller networks (thanks to the comprehensive list on this site ) because I get more personal attention from them. I like having a phone number to call and having someone answer. I couldn't find a ph# on CJ to save my life.

ABW Ambassador
    "I'd like to use them as proof that I "know my stuff" so that I can sell internet marketing materials."

Not there yet as far as that goes. A little over $800 a month ain't going to do it as far as the "know my stuff category" That's not even enough to live on or to do it full time, for a living. Have to get there first before of even thinking of selling "I know my stuff" marketing materials.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Not there yet as far as that goes. A little over $800 a month ain't going to do it as far as the "know my stuff category" That's not even enough to live on or to do it full time, for a living.
    I agree. You'll notice that I said I've moved away from CJ. That $5k is just my CJ earnings. I've earned a lot more than that. However, I won't post what I've earned in total because I'm new to this forum (new poster, long time prowler) and w/o some "street cred" on this board no one would believe me anyway.

Anyways, back on topic (slightly off topic):
    1. How do I do a screen capture
    2. What program could I use to blur out my name and affiliate ID that's standard to any windows installation.

Okay, okay don't laugh at my two newb questions. I'm only one of a two person operation and I am DEFINITELY NOT the web/tech guy. I'm playing with an idea before I run it by him. He has a family so I give him the weekends off. Me, I'm just a $$$ hungry bachelor who has nothing better to do on Saturday than to continue thinking about business.

ABW Ambassador
    I've used Paint before. I used control - alt - print screen, then pasted it into Paint and then you can edit it there. I'm sure there are other ways to do it too.

Yeah, i was forgetting the ctrl+alt part of it. Thanks TrustNo1.

BTW, do you really trust no one?

ABW Ambassador
    I really Trust #1

I've used Paint before. I used control - alt - print screen, then pasted it into Paint and then you can edit it there. I'm sure there are other ways to do it too.
    Actually it's just print screen to capture the entire screen and alt+print screen to capture only the current window.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    What's the difference between current window and entire screen? Not following. Just tried both and got the same thing. Meaning what I see in my monitor is what showed up for me both ways when I put it into Paint.

I really Trust #1
    Boy do I feel dumb... All this time I thought you just didn't trust anybody!

- Scott

What's the difference between current window and entire screen? Not following. Just tried both and got the same thing. Meaning what I see in my monitor is what showed up for me both ways when I put it into Paint.
    I believe when you use alt it won't include your program bar and Start button in the bottom of your screen. I don't run windows anymore, but this is what I just read after searching Google.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, yeah I see that now, exactly what you posted. That might be a good thing, don't really need to see that bottom stuff for the screen capture. Just usint prtscn without alt and you get the very bottom, the start button and any other windows you have open.

So alt + PrtScn = anything in the browser
    Just PrtScn = everything in your monitor

Do you know how to get a whole web page? There have been times before where I got some TV mention and then also an article on the station's website and I wanted to get a capture of the whole article but was just getting what showed up on my monitor.

Do you know how to get a whole web page? There have been times before where I got some TV mention and then also an article on the station's website and I wanted to get a capture of the whole article but was just getting what showed up on my monitor.
    Probably need a program to handle that. If you're good with Photoshop you can always combine multiple screenshots to build a single image.

- Scott

http and a telephoto
    I really Trust #1
    I was right!!!!! People told me that I was wrong....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Okay, I tried that. It still just makes my cursor blink once. As I remember, should it open a "Save As" window when I press any combination of these keys? The cursor just disappears for 1/10 sec the instant I press the combo of buttons.

My computer messed up perhaps?

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure what's happening on your end. I can just hit PrtScn. Then open up Paint, ctrl v, which will paste it into Paint. There you can make edits and then Save it.

I use SnagIt software. You can get a screen capture, resize it, and make it an image + lots of other stuff. I think it has a free trial. You can read a review at tucows:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/195062

Quote Originally Posted by newbie~wan
    Okay, I tried that. It still just makes my cursor blink once. As I remember, should it open a "Save As" window when I press any combination of these keys? The cursor just disappears for 1/10 sec the instant I press the combo of buttons.

My computer messed up perhaps?
    No, it does not open a window. It just saves the captured image to your clipboard. After you do the screen capture just open Paint or whatever program you're going to use and hit the edit button and then paste.

Lightbulb
    any versions of Windows I've used allow me to save a Web page by clicking File | save as | (and then look at "save as type" for "whole web page". Windows then wants to put the page somewhere in your computer and will add a subdirectory for the included graphics.

Whether it's legal or not, I'd not be impressed by a screen image of earnings. Seems too much like hyped up sales pitch. To build credibility one should work on image and reputation. Meaningful posts here help build that to others here. (General statement not directed at anyone in particular. )
    Of course a screen shot of your earnings (if high) might attract newbies so if you're looking to sell your techniques it could work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast