Does Ebay Have Reversals???
    Hi i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if ebay have reversals and if so how much is the average % you loose,Also regarding the 6.5% withholding credit does this mean you may get 6.5% more?.And lastly when does the registration comish rise to 14 bucks? as soon as you hit 50? or at the end of the month?.

Thanks Guys any help on this would be appreciated.

The way eBay is set up now, there have not been reversals for over a year. That's what the 6.5% is for in case an auction doesn't get completed. At the beginning of the the month (October's was posted on November 8), you should see a "Winning Bid" dated the last day of the month which represents the 6.5% for the previous month. However, I believe I have read where that has been a negative number for some people, when the amount doesn't cover all the incomplete auctions.

The $2.00 Active Registration bonus is per month. So you get reset to zero at the beginning of each month. If you hit 50 in any given month, then you will receive $2.00 more for each active registration you make in a month. This is posted the following month as a performance bonus ... as are the bonuses you receive if you hit the eBay Revenue bonuses.

In other words, you get paid $12 per Active Registration. The balance is posted as a bonus. You will never see them posting as $14 each.

Hope this helps.

thank you very much tracy most helpful and explains alot so thanks for your input

I am not sure if it was a reversal, but a few months back I had about $17 removed from my Monthly earnings from ebay. When I asked, they explained it was a Seller who defaulted in some way in their monthly invoice from ebay, so the commission was removed from my balance during the current month.

-Bill

Ebay does have reversals. They charge me almost every month, but the amount is very small. I guess there were some incomplete sales.

So instead of getting that final "Winning Bid" post around the 8th of the month, you're getting a negative number? That must mean that some of your sales are not completing. I've been fortunate as an eBay Seller that in the last several years I've only had one instance where the person didn't pay for the item, but reading the eBay forum there are all kinds of stories of it happening a lot. Probably to the Power Sellers more than anybody else.

The funniest post I ever read was where somebody had posted a Buy-It-Now for an outlandish price, $1 Million. Seriously. He explained that he had set that price because he didn't want to sell the item but was advertising something at his website, which in and of itself is a no-no. The funny part came when somebody actually hit the Buy-It-Now button and the guy was freaking out because eBay had posted an enormous $15,000 End of Item fee to his account.

Here's the thread:

Ebay is going to try and charge me over $15,000!!!!

I would have hated to be the affiliate that got credit for that sale.

Reversals are posted around 10th. It's just a total $ amount, no breakdowns in the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    So instead of getting that final "Winning Bid" post around the 8th of the month, you're getting a negative number? That must mean that some of your sales are not completing. I've been fortunate as an eBay Seller that in the last several years I've only had one instance where the person didn't pay for the item, but reading the eBay forum there are all kinds of stories of it happening a lot. Probably to the Power Sellers more than anybody else.

The funniest post I ever read was where somebody had posted a Buy-It-Now for an outlandish price, $1 Million. Seriously. He explained that he had set that price because he didn't want to sell the item but was advertising something at his website, which in and of itself is a no-no. The funny part came when somebody actually hit the Buy-It-Now button and the guy was freaking out because eBay had posted an enormous $15,000 End of Item fee to his account.

Here's the thread:

Ebay is going to try and charge me over $15,000!!!!

I would have hated to be the affiliate that got credit for that sale.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread