Question Need some Help!
    I rewrote my outgoing links to hide their affiliate looking, but I forgot to add them to my robot.txt. Three weeks ago, about 7000 pages can be found on Yahoo search engine, but now there is only about 1700 pages left, and it keeps on decreasing. I uploaded a new robot.txt about a week ago, but still didn't see any rebound on the result. Is it that Yahoo already considered my site as a spam site and kicked us out? Is there anything I can do to change it?

Thanks a lot!

Have you checked your log files? If you have access to them, you can do a search for "slurp", which is part of the name of the yahoo bot. May be able to see if the bot is indexing those missing pages at all.

Also, give it more time. I've had sites indexed within a couple of days, and others that took a couple of months before much happened.

I logged into Yahoo Site Explorer, but it didn't provide as detail information as Google did. It only allows a maximum of 25 sitemaps submitted, and its Delete function didn't work at all. I will wait to see if Yahoo is going to remove all my pages from the index

Thank you very much for your advice, MoneyBusiness!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread