ABW Ambassador
    I advertise with google and it looks like they are blacklisting updates to my site (that would improve keyword search optimization) and removing non paying keyword searches to my site after they have been clicked on by a user.

I suspect this because I see non-paying keyword searches show up via my web tracking software and when I click on it to trace it back, my search engine reference is gone. If I go do the search from an independent session of my browser, it doesn't show up either.

However, if I go to google.ca (google Canada) and do the search (I'm not advertising in Canada), all of my references that are removed in normal google after a click are there and further, it shows that my site has been re-crawled and the cache is fairly current. Here in the good ole USA however, if I look at googles cache version of the page it is about 4 months old from the intial scan it did and has never been updated!

It just doesn't make sense that my reference would be in google intul a user clicks on it and then kapooy - it's gone it they weren't doing this! I sure hope I'm wrong!

Has anyone else who has paid advertising with them experienced this or have some input? I have a hard time believing that because I advertise they would do this. It seems like an unfair business practice to me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    I advertise with google and it looks like they are blacklisting updates to my site (that would improve keyword search optimization) and removing non paying keyword searches to my site after they have been clicked on by a user.

I suspect this because I see non-paying keyword searches show up via my web tracking software and when I click on it to trace it back, my search engine reference is gone. If I go do the search from an independent session of my browser, it doesn't show up either.

However, if I go to google.ca (google Canada) and do the search (I'm not advertising in Canada), all of my references that are removed in normal google after a click are there and further, it shows that my site has been re-crawled and the cache is fairly current. Here in the good ole USA however, if I look at googles cache version of the page it is about 4 months old from the intial scan it did and has never been updated!

It just doesn't make sense that my reference would be in google intul a user clicks on it and then kapooy - it's gone it they weren't doing this! I sure hope I'm wrong!

Has anyone else who has paid advertising with them experienced this or have some input? I have a hard time believing that because I advertise they would do this. It seems like an unfair business practice to me!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dumb question BUT>>>>>>>

have you contacted them about this??

ABW Ambassador
    No I haven't contacted them yet. I figured I'd provide enough details for other people to check and see if this applied to them as well. If I'm an isolated case I'll give it more time to see what happens. I usually take small careful steps first!

If other feedback suggust this is a recurring problem with other affiliates I and not just me, I will definately write them.

>I suspect this because I see non-paying keyword searches show up via my web tracking software and when I click on it to trace it back, my search engine reference is gone. If I go do the search from an independent session of my browser, it doesn't show up either.

Isn't this what thy call "Google Dance" around here?

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    BluesX - Are you saying this is common? I'm relatively new here and havn't seen post regarding "the google dance".

If it is common - that's what I want to know and if so, we should take action collectively to get this practice stopped. Seems like "unfair trade practice" to me but I'm certainly no attorney.

the dollar speaks louder than words [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

if you suspect something or are unhappy with something, stop paying them, but provide an explanation!

also, are you saying that you had high SEs with them before you advertised (i may have missed that) if so, id have never bothered to pay to advertise.

does anyone here know the effectiveness of their ads??

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've moved this to Getting Traffic-->Search Engine Insight, where it belongs.

BTW, the Google Dance isn't an unfair trade practice. It's just what happens as a new index is phased in--the old listings and cache alternate with the new for a while, until finally the new index is the only one that shows.

If there's a lack of updating which is *actually* related to whether you pay or not, that'd be different than the Google Dance. But the dancing has been going on right now, and it takes a few days--so don't jump to any conclusions until it settles.

Read some of the other posts in the Search Engine Insight forum for more about it, also some more responses to this thread should come in.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread