Brand Spankin New
    Hi everyone. Im brand new to the internet affiliate world and have a few quick questions....

I have signed up with LinkShare and am registered with Overstock and a few other programs. Overstock sent me a link where I can download their datafeeds.

Q1: How can I automate the datafeed process? Right now...they require me to download the datafeeds everyday....then I would need to clean em' up...upload them to my host, import them into my database...etc...

Q2: Whats the quickest way to get up n' running? Should I use one of the datafeed tools that create the recordsets and whatnot? I havent even made or bought a web template yet ( I am seriously just beginning ).

Q3: Is it possible to get a site up and running for the xmas shoppers?

Q4: Whats the best way to market a website to drive in traffic? Aside from registering with search engines....should I....use opt-in email....Google Adsense....banner exchange????

Q5: If there is anything I am missing....please let me know here.

Sorry for all of simple questions but I'd like to dig in right away and would like to get started in the right direction.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Amsterdam

Hi Amsterdam. I can't answer your questions because I don't know the answers but I'm sure there are people here who do. In the meantime, click around and see some of the articles and information already posted around ABestWeb. Also, you may want to take a look at Goldencan. It's a fun business. Good luck and welcome to this crazy world
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam
    Q1: How can I automate the datafeed process? Right now...they require me to download the datafeeds everyday....then I would need to clean em' up...upload them to my host, import them into my database...etc...

Q2: Whats the quickest way to get up n' running? Should I use one of the datafeed tools that create the recordsets and whatnot? I havent even made or bought a web template yet ( I am seriously just beginning ).

Q3: Is it possible to get a site up and running for the xmas shoppers?

Q4: Whats the best way to market a website to drive in traffic? Aside from registering with search engines....should I....use opt-in email....Google Adsense....banner exchange????

Q5: If there is anything I am missing....please let me know here.

Sorry for all of simple questions but I'd like to dig in right away and would like to get started in the right direction.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Amsterdam
    fastest way is golden can as Leeann mentioned.
    but if you are looking at other methods such as direct download, you are able to highly customize the content.

checkout goldencan.com or look up their forum. Asif/Michelle is pretty helpful and you can get their datafeed up in minutes. It is a jscript though as oppose to html. Some crawlers are able to crawl it but it will not give your website much ranking without content.

That would be the short term and fast method.

If you are going long term, do the direct download and create content. Yes, you have to keep your feed fresh. Either daily download of x amoung of times a week. That is your call. Suggested to use daily download.

In driving traffic, short term: Use PPC (CAUTION: It will kill you overnight if you can't tell a difference between a butt h0le and hole in the ground). It's call a double edge sword. You can make a lot of money if you do it right or if not, stay away from it.

In driving traffic, long term: Use content and link exchange and blogs, etc. All the best.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Amsterdam.

You sound excited, (which is good) and you have many questions. As I read your introduction and questions, I think perhaps the best advice I can share with you is to back up a little, bring your feet down to tera firma, take your time, research your options, learn the industry, decide on a marketing path you want to pursue, start slow and then be patient and learn the ropes.

There's a ton of stuff to learn if you intend to be around for the long haul and there are lots of knowledgable people in here from every side of the industry whose knowledge and experience can be an invaluable source of learning. If you take your time, apply a consistent effort to learning, and then implement your game plan step by step, you will achieve much better long term results. But if you are looking for overnight stardom, you will not be a happy camper.

I wish you the best of success.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread