Avon ad that does not apply to affiliates - only to e-reps
    I've posted about avon ads before but I must say this one is outrageous. They recently sent an ad for affiliates to use: 1/2 price shipping offer. Be warned that it only applies if the customer goes through an e-rep. That is someone who has signed up as an avon representative and sells direct to the customer. In other words, they sent an ad for affilates to use that applies only if the customer purchases through an e-rep site, not your site.
    Terry

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    maybe u want to bring it up to the account manager..

I've brought it up to them 2X but no one responded to my e-mails.
    Terry

Having done a purchase test, I'm pretty confident that the e-rep stuff doesn't negate the LS cookie.

Let me clarify how you purchased your products please. When you go to the Avon page after clicking on the affiliate link there will large text that states you can get 1/2 price shipping if you shop through an e-rep. You enter your zip code and are taken to another page with a list of e-reps in your area.

At this point you can either click through and go to the e-rep's website and order from there, order from the e-reps store or contact the e-rep via a form and have them call you.

Are you saying that you went through the e-reps store to purchase your products (according to the text, the way to get 1/2 price shipping) and you still got affiliate commissions??

I'd be pleasantly surprised if that were true. I am pretty sure if you fill out the html form and have the rep contact you directly you would not get a dime in commission even though your ad is what lead to the sale.
    Terry

That is exactly what I am saying. The e-rep cookie appears to be a separate item from the Linkshare one. One of my relatives is an e-rep, so as an experiment, I selected her, and did a small test purchase. Not only did it show up on my LS reports, it showed up on her e-rep page, and we both got commissions. If for some reason I see a reversal in the next month or so, I will be quick to update my findings here.

Thanks for the information. That's good news! Very odd that the company has chosen not to respond to my previous messages about this issue, espcially if the cookie is still in effect.

Unfortunately, the situation isn't completely mitigated. As I mentioned before, if the customer contacts the e-rep via the site form, there would be no tracking system in place so even if my ad brought them to the e-rep, I would not get commission. The other thing that I must consider is that due to special screening of products that I do (related to health issues for a specific group of people), I rely on repeat business. If a person is directed to and buys from an e-rep, I may lose them as a customer. They could still use my website to find appropriate products but buy from an e-rep because of the special deals that I see offered through e-reps that are apparently not offered through affiliates. I can't blame the customer since many are ill and on limited incomes. For the time being, I will continue to screen and reject any ads that direct a customer away from my site and to an e-reps site instead.

In any case, thank you very much for taking the time to respond and for your work in testing the problem. I really appreciate it.:-)
    Terry

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread