About 8 years ago, I had a little TV project which I called "All Male TV"! This was intended to be a little half-hour TV show that's about deep secrets inside male brain that'd be interpreted via real life shots. I wrote some scripts and had material for a few episodes.

I went to a network, which was not easy - don't try this at home!, for presentation. After some heated discussions, guys said they woul vote not to run such a show as it wouldn't be profitable to them... well I said so much for that....

Now... shall I go sue Jimmy and Adam? My scripts even had the beer mugs and that constantly funny expression on Adam's face!

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    I thought up the idea of the internet back in 1984. Actually more in terms of having entire library of Congress scanned and accessible by anybody with a computer and a telephone line. People thought I was a kook. (It's really hard to get pegged as a kook in Cambridge). Maybe my presentation was wrong? 1984 - at least my timing was right.

So should I call 1-800-4lawyer and sic 'em on Al Gore?

Not too long ago there was an article about a woman who had for years been useing a cartoon picture of a squirrel and a cat mix - think it was called scrat - for her personal business. Someone else ( big company) started doing the same thing and she cried foul but I never found out what happened.

Then there was the whole "Roots" incident that pretty much got swept under the rug in the media. A man had written a ficton book exactaly like the supposed "true" story by Alex Hailey(sp?)- "Roots." He sued Haley and they setteled out of court.

Then there have been people who sued Spillburg because they felt they had prior claim and all was settle out of court, I believe.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Songwriters with hit songs are constantly being sued by people who claim theft. A lot of them have to pay up. One successful lawsuit that comes to mind was against George Harrison (RIP) for "My Sweet Lord."

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    This happens all the time. Lesson: protect your assets.

My friend made a short film for about 50k in 1985. Great film, even better plot/story.

Funny thing is, his same movie, essentially, came out as The "Sixth Sense" years later. Coincidence? Who knows, he can't prove it. But it's just too close a line for it not to be.

Ideas are gold, do not share them unless you are prepared to move on them. The paranoid are now the rich. First to implement, means first to succeed, regardless of who had the idea first. That's American business ethics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deelz:
    I thought up the idea of the internet back in 1984. Actually more in terms of having entire library of Congress scanned and accessible by anybody with a computer and a telephone line. People thought I was a kook. (It's really hard to get pegged as a kook in Cambridge). Maybe my presentation was wrong? 1984 - at least my timing was right.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back in the mid 70's I knew an old man named Guido who would talk about the same kinds of things. Everyone thought he was crazy too.

He is probally gone by now but I think of him sometimes when I am looking up something on the web. He would have been so happy!! Thanks for reminding me, he was such a neat fellow and I really liked him!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Yes Blues but the Average Joe like me doesn't know about these things in 1984.

R&D was being done for digital recording devices in 1962. But there were many more turntables and tape players to be sold. Churn, churn, churn.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread