Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here I am posting like crazy to get into the affiliates forum, and you go and raise the # of clicks to 400. What's the deal?

This is just opinion - not offical!!

Spongebob and others, quit trying so hard! Let us have a chance to get to know you. This doesn't happen overnight!

Just be yourself and post when the urge strikes.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've been here since the beginning, Vicki, even before CJU closed their board due to "raging affiliates" and the Telocity uproar. Even have another ID in the low teens that I used to use before the password screwed up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Sponge ...

If you had 10 posts a week since you joined ... You'd be there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dave

What was your previous screen name?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you had 10 posts a week since you joined ... You'd be there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but I'd be making a lot less money!

The good thing about not getting into that board is that no one will accuse you of copying.

I think the bar was raised because one or two people where posting like mad just to reach the 300 mark.

The affilate forum is invitation only now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The affilate forum is invitation only now.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good grief. Do you folks realize how snotty you sound? I'm glad that TigerDirect and the other excellent merchants on here don't have that attitude.

I believe I'll go back to lurking and making pages. Life's too short for this crap.

Yeah, it does sound bad. But when an entire industry is at stake its best not to be too hung up on democracy.

What I mean is that some things are more important than bruised feelings. In an ideal world fences wouldn't be neccessary.

Mostly we talk about the same stuff we do here. Except we are a bit less sparing of merchant feelings. Or sometimes, if we are thinking of posting something in public, we check to see if we should. The end result is *more* info in the public forums, not less.

Or more P*ss-takes anyway...

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Icicle:

Mostly we talk about the same stuff we do here. Except we are a bit less sparing of merchant feelings. Or sometimes, if we are thinking of posting something in public, we check to see if we should. The end result is *more* info in the public forums, not less.

Or more P*ss-takes anyway...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No wonder Shrimp was talking badly.
    He must have thought that he was still in the affiliate forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nighthawk:
    The good thing about not getting into that board is that no one will accuse you of copying.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a part of the board or not has nothing to do with whether or not some one gets accused of copying. If you copy and get caught you will be made known here - I think that's pretty plain and simple and is also part of the rules of this board when you joined and agreed to follow the rules.

I just happen to know that invitations are going out to anyone that posts a nude snap of themself in the photo gallery and there a special invitation going out to the person that can make the most outrageous post in the next 12 hours. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    Being a part of the board or not has nothing to do with whether or not some one gets accused of copying. If you copy and get caught you will be made known here - I think that's pretty plain and simple and is also part of the rules of this board when you joined and agreed to follow the rules.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you copy and get caught while outside of the affiliate forum, at least nobody in that forum gave you an idea how (or where) to do it.

Talk about Haiko's "Extra Kick".

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm glad that TigerDirect and the other excellent merchants on here don't have that attitude.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are precisely the ones who NEED to have a little private "back room". Ink,ink,ink me baby. Remember that thread? I say "remember" because it is not there any more. One of the other ink dealers apparently (apparently?) whacked it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nighthawk:
    [QB]
    If you copy and get caught while outside of the affiliate forum, at least nobody in that forum gave you an idea how (or where) to do it.
    [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were plenty of people not in the private affiliate forum who gave her help. Access to the forum has nothing to do with the issue of her copying. Any one of you who answered any questions she had helped her along the way to do what she did. And yes this includes me because I also helped by answering many questions she posted in the various forums here. But also most of the questions she had, the info has been on this board and many others for a long time. You just have to be willing to dig through the various webmaster/affiliate boards and read.

Some people chatted with her privately and answered her questions.(Not all of which have access to the private forum) Ultimately no one taught her how to copy, that is something she choose to do herself in full knowledge of what would happen when caught since it is a part of this message board's rules.

Unfortunately what she has accomplished with all of this is making everyone more wary of helping a new person. Making people more protective of their privacy and openness on this board. It only takes a few to destroy a good thing, I certainly hope that this will be the end of people copying other's and we can get back to what this board is all about.

As you can tell, I am not qualified to be in the affiliate forum, so I cannot comment on what happened there.

What I do know is that Haiko had indicated that the knowledge used was not a "general" one and was not generally available to everyone.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Posting a post just to reach a number of posts is stupid people. If you want to be considered for the affiliate forum show that you have the qualities that it takes to be a good role model to the rest of the affliates here

ABW Ambassador
    >>What I do know is that Haiko had indicated that the knowledge used was not a "general" one and was not generally available to everyone.<<

You mis-read Haiko's comment and you've been told so by everyone -- including Haiko. Haiko insinuated no such thing about the thief making use of information not available to the general public.

But I suspect that my telling you will do as much good as everyone else telling you... none. sigh...

> show that you have the qualities that it takes to be a good role model to the rest of the affliates here

I would say, not many people here are looking for role models. Being invited to "Affiliate Only" forums would not make anyone a role model either. But on the other hand, posting just to reach 400 won't take you to affiliate only forums anyways as it is now invite only club of select members.

- BluesX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Posting a post just to reach a number of posts is stupid people.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hardly stupid if that's what the criteria for admission was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you want to be considered for the affiliate forum show that you have the qualities that it takes to be a good role model to the rest of the affliates here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that may be your own interpretation. I believe it is now by invitation.

What I do know is that Haiko had indicated that the knowledge used was not a "general" one and was not generally available to everyone.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you don't know much and have assumed a lot. That was never said or hinted at. You are just trying to stir up more trouble with your posts (or so it seems)

The post where she made her "revelation" about a new site design was made in the general forums.

Please, everyone haven't we had enough BS for the time being?!!

Can we PLEASE close this thread as it is obvious that it is being used as an agenda to stir up more trouble unnecessarily.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

IMO most of the people in the affiliate members are good role models for other affiliates here. Most of them have been doing this awhile and are very helpful to new members that join us. Many times a lot of these people respect others at ABW unlike some recent people that I will not even mention [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It is invitation only and how do you think they judge??? Certainly not by spammers that post just for the sake of posting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rex:
    It's hardly stupid if that's what the criteria for admission was.

I think that may be your own interpretation. I believe it is now by invitation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posting tons of unnecessary bump messages and the like which some have been doing to increase their post count is stupid.

Also it is by message count and invitation now. So both items count.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast