Angry 3rd party sales not tracking
    I have had several 3rd party orders not get commissioned. How do I know? Because they were my wife's orders! She ordered a memory card which shipped through Amazon and 2 MP3 players from TigerDirect via Amazon. Same order and we only got credit for the memory card. Same thing happened several months ago when I ordered a Microphone from a 3rd party through Amazon.

Anyone else seeing this??

ABW Ambassador
    You're not supposed to get commissions on self orders from Amazon.

After seeing this post, I went in to check whether a book I'd bought (via Amazon Marketplace) this month appeared in the Amazon reports, and sure enough it's not there.

Apparently they have automated the "self-commission" detection process, which makes sense. They've made it clear that purchases by affiliates won't get commissions, so I don't have any problem with this - though it would probably be "better" to show both the transaction and the commission-reversal so that affiliates realize that everything is being tracked properly.

Lightbulb
    or . . . it was on a link format they don't support any more. I'm going through a whole bunch today, trying to find which links won't give credit even though the visitor still gets there. I don't remember getting an email about format change but did read something in their forum a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Apparently they have automated the "self-commission" detection process, which makes sense. They've made it clear that purchases by affiliates won't get commissions, so I don't have any problem with this - though it would probably be "better" to show both the transaction and the commission-reversal so that affiliates realize that everything is being tracked properly.
    Wasn't my order, it was my wife's. Different email address, different name.

As I said, I got the commission for the one item in the order that was shipped directly via Amazon. The other items in theorder shipped by TigerDirect were not in the order. So if the "self-commission" detection was in place, no orders would have showed.

As well, I have zero 3rd party orders from my links as well.

ABW Ambassador
    "Wasn't my order, it was my wife's. Different email address, different name."

Same home address. Same address they send your affiliate checks. And the ones they don't get the first time, they usually get when it's time to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Wasn't my order, it was my wife's. Different email address, different name."

Same home address. Same address they send your affiliate checks. And the ones they don't get the first time, they usually get when it's time to pay.
    Missing the point.

If part of the order is shown in the reports, why isn't the rest of it?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread