Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kicked by PowWeb
    I've terminated by PowWeb and when I asked them why they decided to kick me out they explained that I has too low performance EPC and lack of activity (very inactive)

I have A EPC in November of 4 sales ($380.00) and EPC of $53.00 in november this is their 3-month EPC of $25.80

Have anybody else been terminated by PowWeb these days?

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMag
    I've terminated by PowWeb and when I asked them why they decided to kick me out they explained that I has too low performance EPC and lack of activity (very inactive)

I have A EPC in November of 4 sales ($380.00) and EPC of $53.00 in november this is their 3-month EPC of $25.80

Have anybody else been terminated by PowWeb these days?
    Me too, but I don't care.

In fact, I am glad because now I can concentrate more on their competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    lol, nice one.
    thanks

Same here. Like I care about it. CJ is flooded with web hosting affiliates.

Online Marketing Consultant
    I don;t understand why they worry so much about rankings. I lok at my affiliates as if you are performing great, is there anything I can do to help you increase the program more? If you are performing but traffic does not convert, I write to them and see if there is anything I can do to help or offer suggestions if they want them. I don;t get why some AM just toss people who perform out.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Me too, but I don't care.

I agree as well... when booted for non-performance... take down their links and put up their competitors links... then send them an e-mail and be sure and include a link to your site where their competitions links are... tell them how well the NEW links are converting on your site.... be sure and include a THANK YOU for helping with the conversion problem.

LOL
    Then they will think twice next time....

Where is ecomcity?
    I would love to hear what he has to say about this company, beyond the obvious greed of PooWeb.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

They sent out a warning about a month ago telling me that i needed to bump up the sales or be booted, but "don't worry you can always reapply" WTF where did their brain trust come up with that? At that time i responded asking if they were for real and to look at what i was doing. I never did hear back from them.

the pricing information and links were down in seconds after the termination.

who needs then

Airstrip actually understands EcomCity... LOL
    You will need to translate for me sometime.... There are about 9,000 posts that do not make any sense to me.... LOL.....!!!!!

Sorry - Mike... just pickin on ya....!

ooooooooooooo that felt weird... never called EcomCity "Mike" before.... LOL

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Eh, I call him Mike all the time and I am not even "inner circle".

I still don't know what the "Charlie" with a bird icon is all about in his signature. Does Mike have a pet birdy?

Web hosting companies are everywhere, man. I agree, if you are somewhat successful with 'em, just move your links to another. Be mindful of the REVERSAL MONSTER, though. In my experience web hosting has a lot of credit card fraud and service misunderstandings, and therefore a high percentage of reversed commissions. Your mileage may vary, as I've seen from other posters here.

In my experience web hosting has a lot of credit card fraud and service misunderstandings, and there a high percentage of reversed commissions
    But, In my experience: Most of the web hosting companies have a lot of parasites and guess the rest bs.

And there a high percentage of reversed commissions that some affiliates will tolerate, but not me!

If I discover that I am going to get by some hosting company, I don't want to get a first, I just want to find the abort first.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *Groan*
    Another nutty merchant who doesn't realize that ANY legit sales > 0 sales. And, 0 sales is what a dropped affiliate will bring them! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog
    I still don't know what the "Charlie" with a bird icon is all about in his signature. Does Mike have a pet birdy?
    Yep, Charlie's the parrot.

Affiliate Manager
    I completely agree with you. 4 sales a months is more than 0.
    And if they want more sales from the affiliate they should work with their affiliates helping them. Some guidelines about how to better highlight their services in link comments, probably some special coupon code, etc would help both parties.

Among tons of hosting companies there some dozens that have well managed affiliate programs. So it should not be a big deal to find a replacement for the link.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to hear about this nasty treatment by another greedy merchant. The more we expose them the more they will think twice about this sort of School Boy Bully treatment.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    School Boy Bully treatment
    Not fun where anything is concerned in life, that's just downright disrespect.

Head over and check out Geno's hosting program, he's one of the "stars" among good affiliate managers and knows how to treat his people right.

Thank you, WW. Our hosting program has a few exciting things to announce this week. Stay tuned, everyone...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to hear that, something similar happened to me with LOWERMYBILLS last month, they kicked me after years and thousands loan leads, and never answered...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82018
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

Howdy Guys. I'm the Affiliate Manager and that would make me responsible for kicking you guys out! Don't take it personally... PowWeb's program had well over 8,000 members and it was becoming quite a challenge to manage such a large base. Had all 8K been active affiliates, well, we'd hire more people to help me out. So I looked at everyone's performance over the past year and kicked anyone out who had 0 sign-ups and anyone with just an insane number of clicks and 0 or 1 sales.

If somehow in the process, I kicked you guys out and you happen to be excellent PowWeb performers, by all means let me know. I want you back in the program!

And we do/have to care about EPC. EPC and earnings are what new potential advertisers look at when choosing who they want to promote. It's just one the many variables that contribute to a successful affiliate program. First and foremost is keeping you guys happy. If there is something I can do, please let me know.

================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Internet Cowboy
    Joshua,
    I sell $30,000 - $40,000 a month for a merchant that I was inactive with for many months. We now have a great relationship and I am consistently top 3 in this program. I am glad I didn't get weeded out because their affiliate database was too big.

An 8000 record affiliate db is too big to manage? How many millions of web sites do you guys host?

Joshua,
    I sell $30,000 - $40,000 a month for a merchant that I was inactive with for many months. We now have a great relationship and I am consistently top 3 in this program. I am glad I didn't get weeded out because their affiliate database was too big.

An 8000 record affiliate db is too big to manage? How many millions of web sites do you guys host?
    PowWeb actually hosts around 80K customers. I never said it was too big, but I don't think we should keep members in the program who've been inactive for an entire year. The majority of those people probably won't even notice they were kicked. Those who do notice will contact me and if they are serious about becoming active, that'll give me an opportunity to work with them and figure out why they were previously unsuccessful at converting.

If you referred $30K to $40K a month for PowWeb, you wouldn't have been kicked. If you want back in the program, just re-apply. I'll accept it.

Internet Cowboy
    Google takes up to a year to pick up all the pages on a site.

Affiliates often start a site, join the appropriate programs, get derailed on other projects that take immediate precedence and come back to complete the site months later.

If an affiliate is sending junk traffic, that effects your EPC. If they send no traffic, this has no effect on your EPC.

All I am saying is that today's nobody could be tomorrow's superstar. If you can them, most will not contact you and will move to your competitor to become their superstar. Let's face it, in your arena we have LOTS of options.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but I have attended too many of Andy Rodriguez' Affiliate Manager Certification seminars to not at least attempt to let you see this from the affiliate side.

BTW......Go Red Sox!!!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuamc
    The majority of those people probably won't even notice they were kicked. Those who do notice will contact me and if they are serious about becoming active, that'll give me an opportunity to work with them and figure out why they were previously unsuccessful at converting.
    That's BS.
    You need to learn your job as an AM. That's it.
    If you want back in the program, just re-apply. I'll accept it.
    No way, you're gone.
    Affiliate marketers have lots of choices for web hosting and they will remember what you did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast