More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Use of "Accept New Terms" To Recruit
    Just recently, I noticed that a bunch of merchants had me "Accept New Terms". In the past, these were merchants I was already working with but in this case, I found nearly all of them to be merchants I was not enrolled with. To top it off, one merchant was one that dropped me a while back!

I find this all a bit perplexing. We get dropped by merchants for non-performance (even if we are producing leads/sales!) yet new merchants are trying to "trick" us into their being part of their program. I hardly think an affiliate will produce much if they get joined-up via the "accept new terms" process.

This all seems very inefficient.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Just recently, I noticed that a bunch of merchants had me "Accept New Terms". In the past, these were merchants I was already working with but in this case, I found nearly all of them to be merchants I was not enrolled with. To top it off, one merchant was one that dropped me a while back!

I find this all a bit perplexing. We get dropped by merchants for non-performance (even if we are producing leads/sales!) yet new merchants are trying to "trick" us into their being part of their program. I hardly think an affiliate will produce much if they get joined-up via the "accept new terms" process.

This all seems very inefficient.
    When an advertiser pushes out terms to potential affiliates, it would always help to send an email or call the publisher. I know that some companies that manage multiple affiliate programs will push out terms for their new programs to top publishers in their other programs, but this usually is accompanied by an email or phone call.

I've noticed a few pusing out terms a few times in the last month...Hello do you know what your doing...terms are not like underware to be changed every couple of days (j/k)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread