Traffic from Adwords for Pages having Adsense Ads
    hi,

I am losing @$100 per day by advertising on adwords. My pages are having adsense ads and CTR is always more than 50% (yeah it is). Still i am just earning half the amount i am spending.

Give me ideas..

Big Sam

Don't do it.

Think about it. If Google take 50% of the revenue (just an assumption; often more), and you only get 50% of the clicks, your ads will have to pay 4x as well as the ones you're paying for in order to break even.

Because Google now factor keyword/site relevancy in their paid ad positions, you'll never reach this target. They hire people to prevent people making money this way.

Ideas? Create a useful site that'll get organic traffic.

- By the way, 50% CTR? If that's the case, which it probably isn't, your account will be flagged and ready to be suspended/terminated

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyC
    Don't do it.

Think about it. If Google take 50% of the revenue (just an assumption; often more), and you only get 50% of the clicks, your ads will have to pay 4x as well as the ones you're paying for in order to break even.

Because Google now factor keyword/site relevancy in their paid ad positions, you'll never reach this target. They hire people to prevent people making money this way.

Ideas? Create a useful site that'll get organic traffic.

- By the way, 50% CTR? If that's the case, which it probably isn't, your account will be flagged and ready to be suspended/terminated

So google does not allow this technique to make money?

And 50-70% CTR is from the visitors we get from Google Adwords...We have placed at the top of the pages...and people do click on these ?

suggest.

Sam

So google does not allow this technique to make money?
    Google don't look kindly upon useless websites that are plastered with advertisements. And if you're getting a 50%-70% CTR, we can safely assume your site's plastered with advertisements.

suggest.
    I suggest you listen to the advice above, spend some money and realise for yourself why it doesn't work. And search for "magic bullet" on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by neeraj_sam
    ...by advertising on adwords. My pages are having adsense ads...
    This is arbitrage, aka Made for AdSense (MFA) pages.

Google definitely frowns upon this...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyC
    Don't do it. Ideas? Create a useful site that'll get organic traffic. By the way, 50% CTR? If that's the case, which it probably isn't, your account will be flagged and ready to be suspended/terminated
    Agreed. If your only traffic is generated by ppc - then ppc cost is going to outweigh adsense revenue. You can spend a bundle on ppc to drive traffic, but if ppc is your only traffic - you'll likely come up on the losing end.

A good site with relevant content can bring you organic visits that cost you zilch. It takes longer, but the ROI will be far better.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Google-on-google arbitrage is all but dead - it's possible, but very unlikely due to the many layers of quality scoring G has added. They don't want people to click on ads to ads to ads to ads, cuz people will grow tired of it and stop clicking... it's essential to them that they present useful stuff. They aren't perfect at achieving that, but they are very good at wrecking the arbitrage model that used to work. See these guidelines for what they are looking for:
    https://adwords.google.com/select/siteguidelines.html

If you're going to arbitrage (try to advertise ads and profit from it), try pointing non-G sources at your G ads... the non-G engines aren't yet whacking you for this (meaning this isn't a long term viable strategy)...

And generally speaking, what HarveyC said will always be returning to bite you... unless you own the ad network, your click margins (at a fraction of paid CPC) handicaps you a lot when it comes to ROI considering the sourcing of relevant traffic (at retail)... arbitrage is a very difficult way to build a sustainable independent affiliate income....

traffic from YPN and selling to Adsense?
    hi

can i get traffic from YPN and can sell it at adsense? will that work differently?

Sam

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    your question lacks a lot of specifics, but generally speaking, yep.

at y, the volume will be much lower than you were used to at G and the pricing model / auction works differently (but is changing as we speak).

but since your roi is minus 50% now, i urge you to consider other overall techniques to try and make money, this one is for advanced, specialized players (if it's to be in sufficient volume to generate an income). arbitrage ain't easy, personally, i've never been able to do it on any scale that matters (keeping your bids low enough to ensure a positive roi will drive your volume through the floor). if you've got content, try some complimentary products through chitika, add a product highlight box to every page via GoldenCAN, give bounce.cc a review for things you might try or try selling banner space on a CPM basis in your niche... arbitrage should be low on your list (if at all) of likely winning scenarios.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread