Poole, Dorset, UK
    Thanks Geno Prussakov
    I had to start a new thread about Geno's one liners about the things that affiliates hate about merchants programmes. It would not have been appropriate in his thread.

I read it with great interest as I am here to learn exactly that. As a merchant I want to get this game right. We have built up a steady business for ourselves and now want to attract some really good affiliates in a genuine partnership. BUT we want to get it right.

Found your thread really useful Geno and have already taken on board one point which I am going to take back and change on our website. Our asking for affiliates is a little loud. I will go and put in much more subtle links. Guess I am so keen to get some great affiliates on board.

Anyway asking for affiliates on a website is I think a little futile. Out of the 90 that have signed up only two are active. Having said that I know we need to get more resources and training together.

I am not sure if I can post the link to our site here. Probably not but an announcement of our programme is to be found in the Affiliate Announcement section of this forum.

Keith Watson

Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Glad you've found it useful, Keith, and welcome to ABestWeb -- the keeper of affiliate wisdom.

Cambridgeshire, England
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithAWatson
    Anyway asking for affiliates on a website is I think a little futile.
    I have to disagree with that. If I find a merchant site I like I'll scroll down the bottom and look for an "affilaites" link, very subtle is fine as affiliates will be actively looking for it.

I can see that you'll get very few active affiliates out of the sign-ups, but we're pretty much all like that I'm afraid . Eyes bigger than our hard-drive and certainly bigger than the time available.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread