ABW Ambassador
    Larry or Jamie Can You Take A Look At This
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...129#post637129

Many people are wondering. Thanks.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks for pointing me at this discussion Trust.

Simply put, Performics tracking is working with Google Checkout.

We have strong ties with Google and worked with the product management team earlier this year to validate that our tracking would be compatible with theirs. We have one client that I know of who had some initial problems due to mis-configuration but these were discovered quickly and corrected by the merchant's eCommerce provider.

A merchant launching on Google Checkout is treated exactly like a new client. We apply the same testing methodology our merchants go through during the launch process to ensure that affiliate referrals to the merchant where the transaction occurs on Google Checkout will be credited exactly as if they had occured on the merchant's web site.

If any of you know of Performics clients that are using Google checkout and you suspect that tracking isn't working, please contact affiliate@performics.com or send me a PM or an email (ladams at performics dot com) and we'll make sure the merchant has everything set up properly.

Let me know if this leaves any of your questions unanswered.

Regards,
    Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    No offense Larry, but can you explain exactly how you're doing this tracking. According to Commission Junction pixel tracking is not working Google Checkout:

...but is working with batch tracking. Which method is Performics using to track?

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    No offense Larry, but can you explain exactly how you're doing this tracking. According to Commission Junction pixel tracking is not working Google Checkout:

...but is working with batch tracking. Which method is Performics using to track?

-- Todd
    I can only speak from my experience but Google has instructed us that pixel tracking is supported and that is the means through which we have integrated thus far. Our tests have validated this to be the case but if you have reason to believe otherwise please let me know ASAP.

Btw, if a merchant needed to run this via batch, we'd support that too.

Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    I can only speak from my experience but Google has instructed us that pixel tracking is supported and that is the means through which we have integrated thus far. Our tests have validated this to be the case but if you have reason to believe otherwise please let me know ASAP.

Btw, if a merchant needed to run this via batch, we'd support that too.
    Hey Larry,

Here's the direct quote from Ziggy Kopetti's (of CJ) letter:

"Further, pixel tracking does not work with Google checkout and most of our CJ advertisers utilize pixel tracking.

Thus, if the merchant relies solely on pixel tracking, affiliate tracking is lost when Google checkout is used even if the customer came to the site on an affiliate link.

Consequently, only those merchants that are batch merchants with CJ are encouraging publishers to promote their Google Checkout offer."

Several other merchants/affiliate manager including Loxly have confirmed that Google Checkout does not work with pixel tracking. If you guys found a way to make it work I think you need to share it with the rest of us.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey Larry,

Here's the direct quote from Ziggy Kopetti's (of CJ) letter:

"Further, pixel tracking does not work with Google checkout and most of our CJ advertisers utilize pixel tracking.

Thus, if the merchant relies solely on pixel tracking, affiliate tracking is lost when Google checkout is used even if the customer came to the site on an affiliate link.

Consequently, only those merchants that are batch merchants with CJ are encouraging publishers to promote their Google Checkout offer."

Several other merchants/affiliate manager including Loxly have confirmed that Google Checkout does not work with pixel tracking. If you guys found a way to make it work I think you need to share it with the rest of us.

-- Todd
    I can't comment on whether or how Google will support other companies' tracking technology. I can say that we were able to work with Google to ensure that our pixel tracking technology will work with theirs.

To prove the point Todd, you should see a shiny new Roomba in your iRobot activity detail report with an order ID ending in 392. My wife told me she'd kill me if I bought one of these, so I hope you appreciate what I've done here

Screen shots attached from my ordering experience. If you do the same, you'll see the reference to our tracking pixel in the confirmation page.

-larry

[edited to add attachments which were apparently too big last time]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Larry,

Well that's putting your money where your mouth is!

Seriously, thanks for proving to me that you guys are tracking affiliate sales and of course for placing the order through Alex's Coupons.

Hope everything is going great. Take care...

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Internet Cowboy
    Note to self-
    The next time I have a question or concern with Performics, go through Todd to get it resolved.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    note to self........

when I have time, thank Todd for his amazing follow through (and willingness to pick up a phone and "talk" to someone).

Todd, you have actually given a real effort to this concern. Not just lip service, but real action. Congratulations, Thank You, Job Well Done all apply. I do not use Performics, and see no reason why I ever would, but to see the effort you have put into this topic is inspiring. My most sincere two words are simply "Thank You."

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    BTW Scooter - I note and relate to your new Avatar......

"on the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again. The life I love is making music with my friends and I can't wait to get on the road again..
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Hey Larry,

Well that's putting your money where your mouth is!

Seriously, thanks for proving to me that you guys are tracking affiliate sales and of course for placing the order through Alex's Coupons.

Hope everything is going great. Take care...

-- Todd
    Oops, forgot to mention that the order did indeed track.
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread