get ready

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by geekyaffiliates
    can anybody tell me about ebates?
    are you serious?

ABW Ambassador
    Never heard of them.
    Why?

She is just curious to know. She asked me when I brought up the subject, and I suggested that she ask here, for more thorough answers.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    geekyaffiliates

Buy a case of and sit back...

geekyaffiliates, welcome to ABestWeb!

Quote Originally Posted by geekyaffiliates
    can anybody tell me about ebates?
    The good place to start would be a definition of the subject in question. It is an adware application that by default overwrites certain affiliate tracking links.

Here's another way to define/describe it:

-----------------------------------
    Ebates MoneyMaker is an adware program that displays a number of popup adverts. Ebates MoneyMaker tries to disable programs that might interfere with its operation without your consent. This includes popup blockers.

The Moe Money Maker pops a small window reminding you that you could be saving when you visit a shopping site without clicking through Ebates first. You may then click on the window to be routed to Ebates. From the Ebates site, you may click through to your desired merchant so that you can earn cash back on all of your purchases.

The Moe Moneymaker loads everytime your computer loads, and runs in the background displaying targeted popups. [source]
    -----------------------------------

Two "T's" to be remembered: for the end-user Ebates is essentially a Trojan, for affiliates - a Thief.

ABestWeb has a section on Ebates. You may review it here.

Geno

http and a telephoto
    Do a search right here.... it won't be hard to find lots of info about them. David I am surprised you suggested she post instead of pointing her to the Parasiteware forum and an ebates search.... there is a ton of info already...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Geeky - Do a search on the forum for ebates and you will find more information than you really want to know After you read all you can, then come back here and ask more specific questions and you will find it more beneficial and receive less sarcastic answers than what you have gotten thus far. Geno provided some great links for you to start at.

Some people forget what it was like being new in this business.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Also, to let you know about how most of the board feels towards ebates one of the smilies is named in their honor.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    Some people forget what it was like being new in this business.
    I hope this wasn't referring to my post. Haiko posted great links, and if Geeky *asked* someone like yourself or David for information about ebates it seems more likely that the answer would be similar to Haiko's answer BEFORE you tossed her out to ask questions.

We always try to encourage people to search, find what they are looking for, and THEN ask specific questions if there are answers still needed. It isn't like it is hard to find info about ebates. If it was a more obscure parasite or a more obscure question, maybe toss out a general question without a suggesting a search first.

I'm sorry if I am coming off the wrong way, but any new affiliate manager should be familiar with the Parasite forum and affiliates can point them there if they are totally unfamiliar with the term or the activities.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

there is a ton of info already...
    Some of which may or may not be obsolete

BEFORE you tossed her out
    Again, some of the information may be obsolete. Other members may be able to offer more timely and accurate information than I, or previous postings, would be able to offer. That is why I suggest to ask here.

If somebody has a problem with the question, blame me, and confront me about it.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Ah nope Deb - Neither you nor Haiko had posted when I started my reply, I saw what you guys said after - Geno was the only one who offered anything helpful when I hit that reply button. I was referring to the other unhelpful answers/sarcastic responses.

She never asked me about ebates and if she had done so in the chat room, i didn't see it but I would have never advised her to post a question here asking. I would have given my standard response of READ THE FORUM and Use the Search function and then come back and ask questions if you still need more info.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread