Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rochester Big and Tall
    I had emailed twice to Rochester Big and Tall but receive no reply.

For a few months, product images are not working, search box had expired and I have no ideas what to do. I just leave the links as it is on my webpages pending their reply.

Can someone affiliated with Rochester Big and Tall had any further informations?

Thanks
    Richard

Yeah They have left cj it seems and gone to LS so they dont give a toss about CJ links any more, i emailed them last month about the broken images on the datafeed i was using and they told me (we are very sorry but we are moving to LS and it to time consuming to fix the cj feed so please feel free to sign up with us in LS).Is dam annoying when merchants jump ship, do they think our pages get indexed over night? .I just decided to drop them and replace them with another merchant.

hmmm not quite sure what this means? They're still listed under my merchants at CJ, just clicked a link on my site and it took me to their site instead of the CJ thing saying this merchant is not longer...blah,blah. and didn't come up as an invalid link at CJ for me....So.....maybe CJ is late in reporting it's an invalid link....but then how come no little message when clicking the link?? never received any email telling me they were goin to Linkshare either?? Does somebody know something they're not telling me??

I do know that they had a number of rogue affiliates not abiding by search rules and that the easiest way to get rid of them was to switch networks.

That definitely doesn't include me. Don't understand how if they've left that my links are still working.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How are they running at both networks?! I thought LS "snared" merchants with an exclusive contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dnathan
    I do know that they had a number of rogue affiliates not abiding by search rules and that the easiest way to get rid of them was to switch networks.
    So now they'll have LS-joined affiliates ignoring their search rules.

Sounds like they need a new AM, not a new network. Switching networks for that reason is not using sense.

Question
    I have them on a site via CJ but the affiliate information on Roch's page is about LS.

Just logged into Linkshare and sure enough they're there. Made a search for their name and it came up to apply to them?? I just emailed the affiliate manager to try to find out what's up with them. My links are definitely going to their site.

It still show active in cj.

Although the links are all broken and I have yet to pull them out of my site an interesting thing is that I had two sales on the 5th.

If they want to switch or make changes, the least is let us know. I guess they could'nt care less, since joining them I had never receive any mails or newsletter from them.

Thanks
    Richard

Affiliate Manager
    Rochester Clothing Update
    Hello Everyone,

This is Kristine, the affiliate manager for Rochester Clothing.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding the migration from CJ to LinkShare.

As some of you know, we've been working towards this for some time now. As of last week, the official migration process has begun. We are doing this in phases--we do understand that pages do not get fixed overnight. This is why we requested that LinkShare allows us to keep both programs running, especially during the holiday season. I also understand that some of you might not want to update code pages during the holiday season. Our goal is to have most of our affiliates migrated over by January 1, 2007. The season will start slowing down the 20th and that will give some time to update without risking knocking a site offline!

We have chosen to work with LinkShare because of the success of our other programs there (Casual Male XL and B&T Factory Direct) and yes, it is very true that the CJ program was rampant with paid search abuse and this was a strong motivating factor in the switch.

We are still allowing affiliates to use our branded terms in their search marketing efforts. However, I am asking that all affiliates please adhere to the bidding cap of $.35--I do police these, but I also know the importance of allowing our affiliates to market themselves. The bidding cap will just allow us all to keep our costs lower. I also encourage you to explore unique keywords, such as 4XLT polo shirts as a way to increase your search traffic, but to also keep your costs lower.

Now to address Product links, we are not currently using the Merchandiser program. There is a very limited selection of individual product links that is available in the LinkShare interface. We are working to implement Merchandiser for all our programs, but this probably will not happen until mid-2007.

Lastly, I am the sole affiliate and search coordinator for all three programs. I do apologize if there are times when emails escape me. The better way to reach me is via my personal email, which I believe most of you have--or any of the affiliate emails also are sent directly to me at my work email--which is even better! While I'm known to work late into the night (as I am now)...its best to reach me at work. The addresses are:

Casual Male XL, affiliates@cmal.com
    Rochester Big & Tall, affiliates@rochesterclothing.com
    B&T Factory Direct, affiliates@btdirect.com

Hope this is helpful to everyone and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Kristine

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ... a CJ internally managed program runs over to LS to get their group of clowns to save their program during the Christmas rush. What a joke targeting their affiliates for free Christmas taffic. Hows Santa who joined CJ to get commish on his size XXX suits going to make some change this Christmas??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    A quick follow up to answer a couple more questions I just noticed.

Two months ago the Rochester Clothing website changed platforms and thus the URL structure changed. Knowing that we were ending the CJ relationship, it didn't make any sense to update the product links when they were going to be going away anyhow. Therefore only the banner and text links were updated.

Its not that I couldn't care less, just the opposite...not trying to whine here...but I inherited the Rochester Program when the company was bought by Casual Male and it was laced with issues. The product links hadn't been updated in years and I really believe that what the program needed was a fresh start.

I strongly disagreed with the fact that there were no specific terms and conditions applied to the program terms. There were no guidelines for affiliates to follow and therefor the program was laced with issues that trickled into the lack of success in our other efforts for Rochester.

Yes, I know we will encounter the same issues with LinkShare. However, I also have the support of the Client Services team there...from the merchant perspective, its much more manageable when your programs have the same basis.

Forthcoming, you will be receiving newsletters and promotions for Rochester.

There were other issues envolved but I hesitate to post them here.

However, if you have questions...I am available to you to answer them.

Hopefully, some of you will see that they don't need a new AM--however, I could use some help

Affiliate Manager
    It was not and never has been an internal CJ program--nor is it a full service LinkShare program.

I posted emails for the programs because I manage them, soley as an employee of CMRG. If anyone has questions or concerns reguarding any of the programs, you are welcome to contact me directly.

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for providing at least some info here without which I was totally in the dark about what's happening.

So while you are guiding your ship to new horizon, can you please advise how to move along with you, i.e the method (without product links) to promote your program.

My site page was designed to have product image links and now they are all broken. So pray please tell me the next step. Should I go and apply at LS and just get the banners and text links only or should I remain at cj pending your full announcement about the changes, if any????

Thanks
    Richard

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmm215
    It was not and never has been an internal CJ program--nor is it a full service LinkShare program.

I posted emails for the programs because I manage them, soley as an employee of CMRG. If anyone has questions or concerns reguarding any of the programs, you are welcome to contact me directly.
    WOW ... you manage 3 merchant programs on multiple network platforms and now, for the first time, discover AbestWeb. I guess we have 3 choices. Push Banners,TEXT or fogettaboutit and run COUPON link spam. The PPCSE direct to merchant bulldogs could careless about the switch as they have no actual website link codes to change. Just change the abusive PPCSE landing page links in a few minutes. Meanwhile the rest Pray our CJ links track Holiday sales, when your untested cart tries to parse CJ and LS referrals from 2 compeletely different tracking scripts.

Put GoldenCan and Product Showcase Creator (PSC) on your wish list or you program will just attract affiliate spam masters, cookie stuffers, 3rd world BHO's toolbar traffic and shady SEM marketers. None even bother to showcase what you actually sell. So your correct. Your just changing shoes in the swamp.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Not sure if there's much more I can add. As I said in my post...I wrote to Kristin cos I was confused as to what was going on. I wasn't aware all three of the sites were being managed by her either and wasn't aware of the move to Linkshare by Rochester. In fact...thought she might've made a little boo boo when she referred to Casual Male in her email to me. Since I'm affiliated with them too, added to my confusion. lol

So...bout the only thing I can say is Casual Male and B&T Factory Direct are at Linkshare now. And.....soon to be will Rochester. Kristen told me if I want to....I can apply at Linkshare to the Rochester program now. The reason evidently that my links were working and others weren't is cos I only had the banner and text links from what I understand. They work but the other product images aren't working.

And....have to say that I wrote to Kristin and she responded back to me at least in a half hour....may have even been 5 or 15 minutes. (hadn't checked email that quickly after having written to her) But...that's a pretty quick response especially given the fact that it was almost 11 pm my time. I do appreciate the fact that she very quickly responded to my email and explained the situation to me.

oops made little boo boo. Had Kristin on the brain from another post. lol Kristine is the name of the affiliate manager

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Kristine,

Your links on all my sites are broken also.

You need to provide guidence as to what we're supposed to do

Thanks,
    Billy

The product links hadn't been updated in years and I really believe that what the program needed was a fresh start.
    A new CJ feed would have brought that conversion ratio back up to what it was when I joined that program years ago.

Instead, you're going over to Linksnare.

It's a shame. Rochester could have been something again for me, with just a feed update. But I don't follow network-hoppers, especially to LS.

But also I'd never follow one who left for such a reason as being miffed that affiliates are willing to bid imprudent amounts to promote them!

There were no guidelines for affiliates to follow and therefor the program was laced with issues that trickled into the lack of success in our other efforts for Rochester.
    So basically you want to hobble the affiliate program, which is currently showing a good 3-month EPC of $77.10 and 4 Bars despite the dead feed--and through "guidelines," make it a sacrificial lamb on the altar of your "other efforts?!"

That is utterly bogus. The AM should be in full favor of the total success of the affiliate program, not trying to mess with it to make some other, competing, channel look better! You seem more like a PPC manager, or perhaps your main responsibility is yet a different channel. But such a thing as shoring up performance of other channels is not the area of interest of an AM, and hobbling the affiliate program to shore up those other channels is directly contrary to the interests of the program you're supposed to be in charge of.

Your posts have provided a snapshot of a company that runs from its real problems, apparently takes issue with what (based on available information) should be considered good or at worst neutral, and is screwing with affiliate performance because the ego of someone there can't take being outdone by affs on the PPC front and perhaps other fronts. In short, it's the snapshot of a terminal-phase affiliate program. I give it 1-2 years of life if the thought processes evidenced in this thread persist. If it's true to the pattern seen at other programs which have since died or become nearly dead, the "other efforts" will be made to look better and better (because of more and more onerous burdens placed on the affiliate program--first borderline reasonable, but then less and less so) until someone in upper management there can claim that the aff program isn't worthwhile and close it, seemingly in the hopes of actually getting people to believe that affiliates are to blame for the presence of the monkey wrench in the works--the same wrench that's got the company's name stamped on the handle.

With all these things combined, there is nothing left to say except
    *Expire Program*
    Last edited by Leader; December 7th, 2006 at 10:32 AM.

Leader...

I KNOW your feelings about Linkshare... so lets say they "hopped" to Performics...

1. Agreed, spending 3 hours today swapping links is a waste of my limited Q4 time

2. Doing ANY major change during Q4 (like changing networks) is stupid (although her response above shows she's trying to mitigate the forseen problems)

but...

3. They have to do something WRONG (like hopping to avoid paying us ala KBToys annual migration) for me to drop them

4. The AM responded to my email in miliseconds this morning. So if there's a responsive AM in the program... the program still has merit

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    WOW ... you manage 3 merchant programs on multiple network platforms and now, for the first time, discover AbestWeb. I guess we have 3 choices. Push Banners,TEXT or fogettaboutit and run COUPON link spam. The PPCSE direct to merchant bulldogs could careless about the switch as they have no actual website link codes to change. Just change the abusive PPCSE landing page links in a few minutes. Meanwhile the rest Pray our CJ links track Holiday sales, when your untested cart tries to parse CJ and LS referrals from 2 compeletely different tracking scripts.

Put GoldenCan and Product Showcase Creator (PSC) on your wish list or you program will just attract affiliate spam masters, cookie stuffers, 3rd world BHO's toolbar traffic and shady SEM marketers. None even bother to showcase what you actually sell. So your correct. Your just changing shoes in the swamp.
    Actually, I've been a member for over a year--since I've started working with the affiliate programs. I haven't posted because I really prefer to work with my affiliates directly and build a personal relationship with them. I tend to find these forums as a good means of finding out if there are issues or a way of doing some research...but not an effective means of communicating with my affiliates. Every so often I will come out and do a search--but until yesterday, I hadn't seen any issues and thus, had no reason to post.

Thank you for your suggestions I will look into those products, they may be better than the LS Merchandiser program. As far as the type of affiliates, yes you are correct--these are many of the issues that were laced within the Rochester program and its another reason for switching.

I believe you will find that I am a very proactive manager and very willing to work with my affiliates. I do also have a corporate structure that I unfortunately have to follow, so it does lessen some of my flexibility, but I try to be as available as possible to my affiliates. So please, if you have any issues, please feel free to contact me directly--you have access to CJ and my personal email address is listed there. In the other posts, you will find my work emails--if you have any issues or concerns, I'm happy to address them.

Affiliate Manager
    Leader,

I do understand that this is not an ideal time for changes. This is why I've gotten LinkShare to work with us and allow us to keep both programs running during the migration.

I'm trying very hard to work with all the affiliates--as I said previously, this program was set up years ago by another company. Casual Male has had a better response with LinkShare and from a merchant perspective it has been much easier for me to work with LinkShare than it is within CJ. I do not want to get into the LinkShare vs' CJ debate...I'm certain that both have their negatives and positives.

All that I am saying is that I am available to discuss any issues/concerns you may have--I do want to build a strong working relationship with my affiliates it shouldn't matter what channel you get paid from or who tracks the the links--the program is only as good as the affiliates it attracts and the way they interact with their manager.

I fully acknowledge that I am still learning...but that also means that I'm not jaded either. I'm trying to re-work this program into a success for us all.

I KNOW your feelings about Linkshare... so lets say they "hopped" to Performics...
    Same commentary about the program itself would apply. Bad thinking is bad thinking.

And, I don't even follow programs to SAS. Hopping = Bad.

This one is trying to hide from perceived "problems" rather than attempting to tackle and fix them.

It's that and other bad thinking I saw coming from this program, that made me drop it NOW rather than wait until the links went dead like I usually would.

4. The AM responded to my email in miliseconds this morning.
    So what? (irritation) That has nothing to do with the points I made in my prior post!
    So if there's a responsive AM in the program... the program still has merit
    I disagree. I've seen plenty of AMs "respond" quickly and with skillful spin, as they keep driving their programs blithely down to road to extinction. She may make you feel nice about it, but that doesn't make the plans any better, nor does it invalidate any point of my prior post. $0 is $0 whether AM has her email set to check on a 1-minute basis, or sends it unread into the bit bucket. Either a program strategy will work (in favor of affiliates) or it will not.

The fact that she talked nice to you will not affect the viability of the program one way or the other.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm really trying to keep things very professional...however, there are many personal attacks going on.

Again, I am here and available to work with my affiliates. I know I cannot change the opinions of some--nor am I trying to. However, I believe in order to judge me and my management of the program you should attempt to work with me first.

Wasn't "argueing" with you Leader - just stating how "I" do things

You've been here long enough to know that there are people who reads posts here and, based on the poster, make decisions: "Oh, Leader posted something, I better follow her example".

Just stating that there's more than one point of view... so people can make a more informed decision

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast