Question Traffic Plummets
    My traffic from Google began tanking yesterday and is now a trickle.

Did they implement another one of their monthly reindex jobs? Anyone else seen a change in traffic from Google?

I've had problems since yesterday too. I hope its just some quirk that will get fixed in a day or 2.
    I wish this would have happened after the holidays.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    This is not the usual time of month for that to happen, I don't think anyway.

My one site that ranks well with google is still ranking well. For the other sites, I wouldn't even notice if google failed to exist - my google traffic is nil.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Smile
    Google started to like my coupon site again yesterday.

Please let it last a few weeks at least! (crossing fingers)

Internet Cowboy
    I have noticed a drop on Thursday in organic and PPC traffic. It seems there was a lull, still a good day, but down a bit from the past week or so. We have about 10 more days of good shopping.

Looking at my log files, I am not seeing any noticeable change in traffic levels (up or down), other than the normal day-of-week fluctuation. This includes sites that are "pure organic" where 90% of traffic comes from Google natural search results.

My PPC traffic does seem to have fluctuated lower than is typical during the past two days, but not enough to be alarming; it may just be due to some bid reductions I made this week for a few high-traffic keywords that had lower-than-expected conversion.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Google always has a holiday surprise for me, either December or January. In fact, I was looking forward to it!

But, my sales haven't spiked. I hope I didn't get a lump of coal from Santa G...

(I haven't checked my log files except for my newest site. But that site is so new that doesn't have enough links for me to expect any free SE hits yet.)

On my oldest site, which had almost gone to zero google traffic in may/june it has started to pick up since 30th November. This site a couple of years ago was giving me bandwidth worries, now that would be a nice problem to have back.

Several of my more recent sites are stuck in the supplemental doldrums with the cached pages having dates of anywhere between feb and may this year.

Googlebot spider visits are down, too
    I noticed about three days ago traffic for all of my sites from the Googlebot spider took a drop from about 120,000/day total to less than 20,000/day total but according to the Google Web Tools site that lists my sites and what errors it found ... everything is just normal.

Charles

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread