Angry Is there any way possible to get support from Linkshare
    IMHO Linkshare shows a total disrespect and lack of support for affiliates. I have been trying 3 days to get a response from their help desk. NO RESPONSE.

So Ranae tells me to try phoning. That's an even bigger joke. Twice I've called and gotten the all reps are busy message and then supposedly placed on the hold queue. Both times after waiting & waiting, a recording comes on and says message received. I didn't leave a message because there's NO option to leave a message. So basically you call and stay on hold only to be told that your "message" has been received.

My experience is that eventually, you will get a response. It will be completely unhelpful, probably a "boilerplate" response asking for information that you've already provided, or answering a question you did not ask.

I'm not sure how affiliates become successful with LinkShare merchants. I suspect the strategy is to either get excellent help directly from the merchant's staff, or to "self-help" yourself to a point where you are generating meaningful commissions (well above $1,000 per month), and then you will probably get more attention from people who are more competent and responsive than the "regular" support staff.

As an affiliate, and as a consultant for merchants, I would never consider working with LinkShare again, because of all the problems that my clients and I have experienced with them.

It may seem strange, but although I despise CommissionJunction much more than I dislike LinkShare, I have at least been able to establish a few functional merchant-affiliate relationships at CJ (though I have now severed all but one of those). I have never been able to establish a single working relationship with a LinkShare merchant.

My advice: Work with merchants who want to support you, and whose affiliate managers will provide you with the support you need. If you can get help from an affiliate manager whose company uses LinkShare, you might be able to get that relationship to work. You will NOT get meaningful help from any LinkShare staff.

LinkShare - prove me wrong!

15 years and counting
    Good point, Mark.
    The lack of support is not new. And the best advice I can give is, do everything in your power to NEVER have to ask them for help.
    Last time I contacted them officially was in 1999 for well over $100,000.00 in commission not paid. For months, these people kept DEAD merchants in their merchant pool providing links, reporting, support... LinkShare was not paid either but S. Messer told us by contractuel agreement he could not talk about bankrupcy. We learn about it after getting the court paper. Yeah, "trusted third party"
    I'm still waiting an answer for all emails, letters... sent about that time.

Their positive point is to have a rep answering our questions on ABW. I think it's important for all of us to keep this contact.

My advice: Work with merchants who want to support you, and whose affiliate managers will provide you with the support you need. If you can get help from an affiliate manager whose company uses LinkShare, you might be able to get that relationship to work. You will NOT get meaningful help from any LinkShare staff.
    Some questions are for Linkshare only.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread