Terror threat in local mall - will it help online traffic?
    I just got home to find that Rockford has made the national news for a terror threat uncovered by the FBI. A 22-year-old man was going to put 4 grenades in trash cans at our large Regional mall on Friday the 22nd, which he felt would be the busiest shopping day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2241229.shtml

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    That's all over the chicago trib too! So scary...

I get the Trib news alerts in my email, but I hadn't even made it that far yet - one of my son's friends in CO had sent him a text message. Dave's the big news junkie, so he lets me know what's happening that's not online.

For me it's not quite as scary as walking around Michigan Avenue when the skyscraper ice is melting, but getting closer.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Jumped about 30 feet out of bed yesterday morning. I live on the 9th floor in a condo building, and the icicles dropped yesterday, crashing into my windows. Scared the crap out of me!

I get freaky about things falling out of the sky and through my head. About the only time I really worry about it is when I'm walking in wintertime Chicago. Something about those barricades they put out around the Hancock building just doesn't reassure me. I always figure that one of these days I'll be the poor sap who points out the need for another barricade "over here, pls"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    I just got home to find that Rockford has made the national news for a terror threat uncovered by the FBI. A 22-year-old man was going to put 4 grenades in trash cans at our large Regional mall on Friday the 22nd, which he felt would be the busiest shopping day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2241229.shtml
    Grrrrrrrrrr - well, hopefully, it'll keep more people home and shopping on the Internet but what a nasty thing to do. The mall is a SANCTUARY! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Speaking about things crashing in Chacago.....

In 1980 I had come up with a customer notification program for Sears. Eventually they invited me to the Tower to present it to 27 of their VP's. I was thrilled. I had come up in the Chicago area and had not been back since 66 - so it was going to be great to visit again.

I arrived at the tower, took an elevator to the 51st floor (where they had this very impressive conference room complete with 36 victorian chairs and one of those green ceramic shade / bronze post lamps at each place.

I was visiting with the VP operations for about 20 minutes before the rest of the vp's arrived and he told me about how when the tower was being built, they encountered a problem with the huge plate glass windows on the mid to upper floors actually "popping out" and falling to the street below. The building of course "flexes" as all skyscrapers do, and the glue and seal compounds they initially used turned out to be problematic.

Some folks were actually killed, but Sears kept the publicity down by quickly compensating families and victims who were affected. A 1,500 lb slab of plate glass falling 900 feet and crashing the ground anywhere near a person would probably cause some soiling issues (if you get my drift). But not to worry Carolyn, haven't heard of any recent window decapitations, so you can walk by the tower with peace of mind.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    I used to think ice falling from the high rises was pretty scary too -- until Friday in my bldg that is. Nothing like being officially told to "remain in your locked offices with and stay away from all doors" And unofficially told that there's a gunman loose in the bldg.

OMG - that's definately worse. We were talking about that this weekend. Something like that can create some real Post Traumatic Stress.

CPA Network Rep
    I'm getting stressed just reading about it all!! Yikes!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    OMG - that's definately worse. We were talking about that this weekend. Something like that can create some real Post Traumatic Stress.
    Thank goodness you said that! I thought I was losing it a little by having it affect me so much.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Watch Out There's a Bomb........

............................................Sale Online Today.....

ok, bad name for an affiliate promotion....but glad they caught the guy.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Thank goodness you said that! I thought I was losing it a little by having it affect me so much.
    Most companies with any type of Corporate HR will call in a counselor to talk to everyone involved or near an incident like that. We had a murder in our office a little over 3 years ago. The counselor came by several times and those who were actual witnesses had some further sessions. You have no way to process that kind of situation without someone to talk to.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Crazy SOB!!! He should be sent to Guantanamo.

Whatever happens in Guantanamo stays in Guantanamo

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread