SSP is Organic Search via PPC Methodolgy and SEO Algorithms
    So I am heavily involved inside and out on the major US search engines and something that is great but can also be dangerous is a product called SSP which is in full force now by one of the major engines. The problem is you need to have someone inside the engine to get you involved in the program. That is where people like me come in handy.

Anyways SSP is basically like organic search in a top 4 engine accept you pay for the listing.

Basically the engine has two seperate indexes. The index that everyone knows about and the index that only SSP users know about. What you do with SSP is submit urls to an account which then places them into the second non crowded index which also is crawled within 48 hours of submission and also shows within that small time frame.

This places you in both indexes instead of just one which also enables you in my opinion to get double credit giving you higher organic results. A second thing that SSP allows you to do is place higher by being able to test keywords and urls within a short 48 hour period and can pretty much garauntee you top ten organic placements because you have the advantage of regular crawling and almost immediatly being able to see where you now fall in this top 4 search engine.

Now the catch. Each time a url you submitted into the SSP program gets clicked on in the organic listings, you are charged a flat fee which is very very reasonable. Although that seems like it may be expensive, if you think about it, you have now placed your ppc words in organic listings and pay a flat line fee which is less than most keywords cost anyways. If your landing pages and products are strong enough, you should not even worry about the low cost per click because you will be driving direct traffic from top keywords which you have not been able to optimize on in organic listings before, and these are your high conversion words creating sales you would have lost because you were only showing up in PPC campaigns.

Now that you are showing up in organic for words you had to pay for in ppc, you can either keep your PPC and gain more exposure and clicks for people who only search ads, or you can cancel out your ppc campaign for that word and get all of the traffic from organic search. If you keep both, you get maximum exposure, if you keep just organic, you are still driving more traffic and it is very trusted.

I personally do not use SSP because I like the challenge of organic search and enjoy watching my hard work payoff, however I have a full time job and my livelyhood does not depend on my website. I would highly reccomend the SSP program to people who need instant results with organic search and rely on traffic and heavy conversions.

[edit sig + ad]
    Will wait for member comments.
    Last edited by Adam Ward; December 9th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kickball25
    So I am heavily involved inside and out on the major US search engines and something that is great but can also be dangerous is a product called SSP which is in full force now by one of the major engines. The problem is you need to have someone inside the engine to get you involved in the program. That is where people like me come in handy.

Anyways SSP is basically like organic search in a top 4 engine accept you pay for the listing.

Basically the engine has two seperate indexes. The index that everyone knows about and the index that only SSP users know about. What you do with SSP is submit urls to an account which then places them into the second non crowded index which also is crawled within 48 hours of submission and also shows within that small time frame.

This places you in both indexes instead of just one which also enables you in my opinion to get double credit giving you higher organic results. A second thing that SSP allows you to do is place higher by being able to test keywords and urls within a short 48 hour period and can pretty much garauntee you top ten organic placements because you have the advantage of regular crawling and almost immediatly being able to see where you now fall in this top 4 search engine.

Now the catch. Each time a url you submitted into the SSP program gets clicked on in the organic listings, you are charged a flat fee which is very very reasonable. Although that seems like it may be expensive, if you think about it, you have now placed your ppc words in organic listings and pay a flat line fee which is less than most keywords cost anyways. If your landing pages and products are strong enough, you should not even worry about the low cost per click because you will be driving direct traffic from top keywords which you have not been able to optimize on in organic listings before, and these are your high conversion words creating sales you would have lost because you were only showing up in PPC campaigns.

Now that you are showing up in organic for words you had to pay for in ppc, you can either keep your PPC and gain more exposure and clicks for people who only search ads, or you can cancel out your ppc campaign for that word and get all of the traffic from organic search. If you keep both, you get maximum exposure, if you keep just organic, you are still driving more traffic and it is very trusted.

I personally do not use SSP because I like the challenge of organic search and enjoy watching my hard work payoff, however I have a full time job and my livelyhood does not depend on my website. I would highly reccomend the SSP program to people who need instant results with organic search and rely on traffic and heavy conversions.

[edit sig + ad]
    Will wait for member comments.
    Take a flying leap off the closest cliff with this traffic scheme as I'm sure it involves some BHO swaping listings on victims systems with the real PPCSE and Organic results. One post wonders are a dime a dozen when they feel compelled to let out their master secret like some gas escaping the body.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Sorry everyone, here is SSP with no pitches or links
    I would like to apologize that my previous post looked like spam. Yahoo has launched a program called SSP where you be listed in a second set of indexes to increase your chances of organic search listings by playing with their alogrithms. It is a cool program but costs a flat fee per click on each url you submit. If you leave their program though, all your urls are swiped from the second index and you then drop any of the SEO efforts from dual indexing. It is a great program and I just wanted to let this community know about it. Sorry for placing a url in the last one and some stuff in the end of it.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yahoo has launched a program called SSP where you be listed in a second set of indexes to increase your chances of organic search listings by playing with their alogrithms."

lol I swear people should at least make their spam believable.

ABW Ambassador
    Inktomi had paid inclusion (before the acquisition by Yahoo), but without the PPC component. That changed after Y! bought out Ink, but there's nothing new and earth-shakingly revolutionary about Site Search Submit. It's no secret sauce and it's been around for years.

lol I swear people should at least make their spam believable.
    Or newsworthy, instead of coming off like the uninformed trying to impress who they hope are the uninitiated with old stuff they haven't gotten straight themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kickball25
    my previous post looked like spam
    No, it looked more like

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Inktomi had paid inclusion (before the acquisition by Yahoo), but without the PPC component. That changed after Y! bought out Ink, but there's nothing new and earth-shakingly revolutionary about Site Search Submit. It's no secret sauce and it's been around for years.

Or newsworthy, instead of coming off like the uninformed trying to impress who they hope are the uninitiated with old stuff they haven't gotten straight themselves.
    Oh that, we talked about that when if first came out. An hour after it launched:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ahoo+pay+click

Ripoff for most.

That's where people like me come in handy

I need a hand cleaning up some of my sites....gota shovel?

Ah, the worst of both worlds. You get the costs of PPC along with the unreliability of SEO.

You have to know someone (like you) to get in? Right. That's just so you can earn a commission.

We all work on commission here, so we're not averse to others earning a commission off of us. But none of us take very kindly to being spammed, lied to, and having an inferior product (that you're not even willing to use yourself) pushed on us.

Thread Closed. Spammer Banned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread