Rude Awakening Part 2
    HI,

I am new at this forum and have the same experience as one of the other members who posted that she has been deactivated by cj today for no reason without notice. When I tried to login, I got the same message. Although my account was created some time back, I never actively marketed it. Just two days ago, I applied to all merchants and got approved by about 1000 merchants. Is that a problem. I have a directory site where I can put these links under various categories. Also I have a couple of sites which are very high traffic sites, its in top 20000 in Alexa. Just yesterday I posted the CJ links on those sites and to my utter dismay, I find my account deactivated. Who should I contact from CJ? Do they have someone in this forum who can throw some light? I have never received any payment from them since I never actively marketed their links. Any email Id where I can send email?

My cj account is in the name of my US based company. However, I am currently out of the country.

Will appreciate any input. Anyone else had this experience today?

Regards

PS: My cj links are working, going correctly to the merchants page.

Exclamation
    sorry to inform you that a CJ deactivation for lack of sales means you get no credit even though you may be providing free traffic for your merchants.

better start over with a new account and yes, you have to start new with each merchant also if I remember right.

It seems funny that the links would still be active, i wouldn't expect that to last long and it could be coming out of your cashe aswell. Clear your cashe (temp internet files) and see if they still go through.

Yup clean slate time, back to the start, but Shareasle has no such restrictions so if your just getting started it might be a better place to get the ball rolling. 2000 approvals last week??? pick a target and go for it you only needed one sale.

Anyone reading this if you haven't had a sale in 4 or 5 months find a nice cheap and legal self reffered sale and stop the 6 month clock. If you have a balance 10 bucks a month will be deducted for each month after 6 without a sale, until the account is dry and closed (had to explain that one to the wife)

;-) one sale is all it takes

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    >My cj links are working, going correctly to the merchants page.

This is the scary part if links from a deactivated account are still going through to the merchant.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

How long ago were you deactivated? I can't see this as a big money maker for cj or the merchants due to the reason for deactivation.

I have read here about this 6 month no sale deactivation situation. Is it that the Affiliate Program will drop off, or CJ will cancel everything? I currently have about 150 affiliates approved, but only tied into about 40 of 50 of them, Are the merchants going to cancell if I don't have any action for the 6 moths? I spend a lot of time linking certain merchants to certain sites, and haven't really focused on marketing the sites yet, so I am concerned that I am "eating" up the 6 month time frame. I do have a few sales in general, although it is only 3 or 4 merchants right now...

any help will be appreciated, thanks....

ABW Ambassador
    CJ, you just need a sale from one of the merchants you're signed up with in that 6 month period. It kind of sucks for people just starting out because it might take that long to build out a site, get indexed and ranked before they start seeing any traffic and sales. You could to PPC and get some sales in that period or buy something thru your own link or have a friend of family member shop thru your site. I've always thought that if somebody gets deactivated and contacts CJ to let them know they're still in the game, that they should just hit the reactivate button. If they do that, makes no sense to deactivate because that's a waste of time for everybody.

Thanks for all for the reply. I got deactivated just hours before I posted it in this forum. Yeah, my account was not active for more than 6 months. But I have 2 sites which are in alexa top 20000 and where I posted links from cj just two days before getting deactivated. I have now removed the links but the point I am trying to drive home is that I would have really started making those sales but unfortunately got deactivated within two days of posting cj links on my pages. I filled up ther support form asking if I can get started again. But have received no response. I also tried opening new account but that welcome mail never came. I have another company incorporated in US and tried opening account in that name. But somehow the welcome mail didnt come even to the other email Id. Pretty sad since I believe I was just a day away fom making the first sale. I must have put those links on my site a bit earlier but was happy with the performance of some other affiliate network links. With CJ not really bothered to reply, I guess thats the end of my CJ story.

ABW Ambassador
    don't give up, i was once deactivated for no sales in my first 6 months (i got busy doing other web design work) but now i get sales everyday either through CJ, Linkshare, sas & several other networks plus indy's.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Hey Glinted, thanks for your encouraging words. I have not given up. I too make regular sales. But I just havent tried CJ. With CJ not accepting new applications and not replying to any emails, I dont know how to proceed with making CJ sales. Do we have anyone from CJ who reads this forum and posts here? Or is this kind of support a way of life for them?

ABW Ambassador
    No one from CJ posts here as far as I know although I'm sure they would have staff that would read the posts that are written here.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Why not boost your own sales?
    If you have affiliates for products that you would like to purchase yourself, why not click your own links and make a purchase? Wouldn't that also make your affiliates happy because they get an order, and make your bank account happy because you get the commission?

http and a telephoto
    Rick you mean "merchants"
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Yes, you're right...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread