Linking questions-can someone give some help?
    I searched this forum for linking information but all the links in the post won't come up? They either say "service not available" or the link goes to a shareasale page saying incorrect link? Maybe there's a problem?

Anyway... I need help in the ppc department.

When setting up a ppc campaign for a merchant do I need my own domain? Or can I direct link to the merchant using their domain with a /aff at the end of it? Example

Looking For Widgets?
    Choose From 1000's Widgets
    Free Shipping On All Widgets
    www.WidgetsOutlet.com/aff

Then use my shareasale link code for the url not displayed?

If I have to use my own domain how would I do this for a merchant that doesn't have a datafeed?

Can I use their site in a iframe? Or is that a no-no? Or does it cause tracking problems for shareasale?

Please advise asap as I wanted to start a ppc campaign as a test for one merchant I would like to promote.

Thanks,

Ted

You cannot do this using Google adwords but you can redirect a url using MSN adCenter. The destination url will be your affiliate link.

Make sure you look at your merchant's ppc guidelines. Some do not allow this at all or will put restrictions on certain keywords.

Wouldn't you want your own domain name/website to promote all your merchants? The merchant does not have to offer their datafeed. You can promote them using banners and text links.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    You cannot do this using Google adwords but you can redirect a url using MSN adCenter. The destination url will be your affiliate link.

Make sure you look at your merchant's ppc guidelines. Some do not allow this at all or will put restrictions on certain keywords.

Wouldn't you want your own domain name/website to promote all your merchants? The merchant does not have to offer their datafeed. You can promote them using banners and text links.

Good luck!

I already have domains myself for other ventures. What I want to do is start a PPC Campaign for a certain merchant that I like to promote.

If I send him to my site I would have to make a mirror site of the merchants by embedding their products into my site using a datafeed, which this merchant doesn't seem to offer.

They aren't listed in the make a page section either so I can't make a page for example "bright red widgets" and promote that page on my domain name and using PPC. So I'm not sure how I would setup a PPC campaign for this type of merchant?

I don't want to send him to one of my domains that has a banner on it as this would create a 2 click response from the visitor- 1 click to my site - then 1 click to the merchant site. And I think that would convert poorly.

Can anyone answer how to get around this?

Ted

hi, i can understand you, most affiliates this days do PPC direct to merchants.It is only an added advantage to you if you do it via your website because you are given your own business another exposure.this helps with page ranking and optimazation, but considering the situtation where the merchant/product you are trying to promote has no relevance with your own domain then it is always good to direct to your merchant.
    Most merchant allows this but as the other thread above as mentioned you need to learn more about who you are promoting. Lots of threads in this forum dealt with your questions very well so for an intensive understanding i will advice you enter the search term PPC into the search link in the above menu.

Good luck mate.

Tijan

ABW Ambassador
    to you if you do it via your website because you are given your own business another exposure.this helps with page ranking and optimazation
    Page ranking & optimization wouldn't be directly affected by running PPC, but branding and name recognition is always a good thing, and that could possibly attract some new IBLs or mention, which could then help with ranking.

If I send him to my site I would have to make a mirror site of the merchants by embedding their products into my site using a datafeed, which this merchant doesn't seem to offer.
    Not necessarily, some people just show a small sampling of the merchant's goods and give a text link to get visitors off to the merchant site to see the whole inventory. And with SAS you can always make links to individual products with the tool even if the merchant has no feed (or makeapage).

But that's a moot issue anyway if the sites aren't on topic; I just wanted to clarify that not everyone who shows some products on their sites uses datafeeds - many don't.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread