Gift certificate orders from Dick's Sporting Goods working for anybody??
    Has anybody gotten any gift certificate sales from Dick's Sporting Goods that have been reported?? Somebody told me that they had just tried to order one but the drop down menu to select the amount doesn't work. Sure enough I checked and it will only show select amount but there's nothing there to select. Was wondering if it's been working for anybody else or is something that's just not working now for some reason.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    purple.. FYI. Most merchants will not pay % on gift cert

Dick's does not pay commission on gift certificates.

Ummm that's not what I was told. I was asked what they could do to get better placement on my site and my response was that I first wanted to know if I received credit for gift cards and this was the response:

Hi,
    Yes we do give commission on gift cards.

hmmm ok...guess I didn't word it correctly. not the online gift certificates but the gift cards is what I'm talking about.

I just looked at the Dicks sporting goods site, where you purchase online gift certificates, and the gift certificate amount is not a drop down box, you just enter the amount you want. I tested it and it worked for me.

I also just checked the agreement in the LS interface, and it states that purchases of gift certificates are not commissionable. I believe that this is the case with all GSI merchants.

Perhaps Larissa or Allie could clarify that, it would be helpful for all affiliates.

nope, nope, nope...lol I usually just refer to the gift certificates and cards as the same. Shouldn't tho I guess.

What I'm referring to is this:
    The DICK'S Sporting Goods Gift Card can be used online at Dickssportinggoods.com or in any of our retail stores, making it the perfect gift for anyone on your list.

Purchase Gift Cards denominations from $5.00-$500.
    Include a personalized message with your gift.
    Spend it online or in one of or stores.

The only problem is that where it it says: * Gift Card Amount there is a drop down menu (least....there is on my computer and the person who told me about the problem ) but it only says: select an amount......but uhhh there isn't anything to select.

And ummm the person who told me that they were commissionable in her email was one of the two you mentioned.

If they don't get that drop-down menu working....umm somebody's not gonna be too happy...rrrggg I had intended on getting my brother one of em, too and uhhh there aren't any of their stores around where I live and I'd have to go to another state to get em.

I did post about this in their forum, too.

OK, I checked again, and i see exactly what you are seeing.

However, there is still a question that really needs clarification from GSI. Purchases of gift certificates are not commissionable (according to the contract), but purchases of gift cards are?

Ok, hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. Just wrote to them and:

Yes, we are trying to resolve the problem on the site now. Also, all gift cards are commissionable.

Just made a check at their site and the problem has been fixed. The drop down menu has an option or you can type in the dollar amount for the gift cards

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread