Not getting any affiliate commissions
    Are there any affiliate experts out there that could check out something for me?

My website soundsmusical.com is set up as an affiliate product site. There are links to several merchants (most of them through CJ).

Over the last 4 weeks over 5,000 visitors have clicked through to the merchant sites - I have tracked this from my end.

CJ doesn't show anywhere near as many click throughs as my stats show and (assuming a modest .05% conversion rate) I would expect around 25 sales at least by now.

The result has been no sales!

My webmaster has check the links to the merchants and said they are OK.
    He has called CJ and they confirm everything is OK as well.

I wonder what is wrong?

Could someone take a look at this for me and give me their professional opinion on what they think is wrong?

Regards
    Graham
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; December 11th, 2006 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed link

I have a site also with a few affiliate links (from CJ). I notice that some of them a the AID and PID strings at the end of the urls and some don't have anything but the merchants url. Are they somehow redirecting traffic? could the code i'm using be wrong? I do see click-throughs in my CJ reporting, just thought it was weird.

Are you seeing anything like this with your affiliates?

Make a test purchase
    You could always just purchase something low priced using your own link, and verify that it was all working. If it didn't track, then you'd have some hard evidence on hand in the form of your order receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinLife1
    I have a site also with a few affiliate links (from CJ). I notice that some of them a the AID and PID strings at the end of the urls and some don't have anything but the merchants url. Are they somehow redirecting traffic? could the code i'm using be wrong? I do see click-throughs in my CJ reporting, just thought it was weird.

Are you seeing anything like this with your affiliates?
    Your AID and PID do not have to be present in the URL of the landing page at the merchant. Some work like this, but I believe the majority do not anymore.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread