Product feeds
    I am writing some software in PHP/mysql which automatically creates a web site from product feeds. It will accept pipe, comma and tab separated csv feeds in uncrompessed, gz or zip format.

It works currently on 8 different networks and 2 independant merchants. I wish to test it on Linkshare but I do not want to pay the $250 to get the feeds setup on my account.

Is it possible to get a sample feed so that I can set up Linkshare on the sytem.

Regards

Bob

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Bob,
    We have a sample Merchandiser file on the Affiliate Resource Center. Log into your account, click on Resource Center, then go to the section on Merchandiser, and select Product Information.

Also your Merchandiser fee may be waived if you have been active in the Network for at least 3 months, AND have generated at least 50 orders in the most recent calendar month.

You should find the information you need in the Resource Center.

Ranae

Hi Ranae

Thanks for the quick reply I have downloaded the file and got a test site working.

I assume the usual format is a text or csv file rather than an excel spreadsheet.

Also can you tell me if the files are compressed with zip or do you use gz compression?

As I am not doing a lot of affiliate marketing myself but concentrating on system design for other affiliates it may be a (long) while before I start generating 50 orders a month

Regards

Bob

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    humm.. i wonder who has it

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Bob,
    All Merchandiser files are available in XML and pipe-delimited text formats. All files are compressed with .gz compression.

Ranae

Thanks for the links Eric.

The software I'm writing is currently currently too generic to suit your datafeed which is specific to your own needs and not in the same format as the network's own feed. However it would not be too dificult to modify it.

Also it is in xls format which means having to download it, open in excel save as csv or txt and upload it before I can import it into the database. A csv or xml feed could be imported into the database directly from the url which would save a lot of time. One further point is the price field. It would be better not to have the $ sign in the field, most networks have a numeric field (for easier sorting) for the price with (sometimes) the iso 4217 currency code (eg USD or GBP) in another field. It's easier to add the $ or £ sign in front of the price than to strip it from every record.

Ranae

email sent - thanks for your help.

Regards

Bob

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi Bob,

Good points. I will modify the links. We have the file in txt, csv but nobody have asked me, so I guess I will make some changes. Thanks for the heads up and if you need help, here is my email address eric.ewe /at/ fairfieldresorts.com or affiliates /at/ fairfieldresorts.com. Both works

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread