Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This can't be good, savendonate.com
    savendonate.com
    This looks pretty evil. I didn't install it, but it looks like it installs something and then must take cookies everywhere you shop.

Actually from what I can see SaveNDonate this is a great app! At last there is an app that not only can we install and have monies contributed to a proper cause but also allow the actual user to choose where there monies are being directed. No more add hoc developers making monies on my clicks and purchases, now I can designate it to a good cause.

The internet is the Wild Wild West and I am tired of knowing that funds I would otherwise not see from my purchases are going to individuals and corporations I have never met or care to assist in their destructive ways.

I have installed it and it actually warns you when you navigate to any merchant allowing the user to choose. Go web 2.0, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!! If I want some random website to make money off my purchases this app allows me to do that (but why when it can go to a worthy cause). It is actually respectful of affiliate links. Chalk this as a first in the internet! This is NO WAY parasite ware. Congratulations to the People at SaveNDonate we should have more people helping clean up the parasites living off of our purchases and lack of knowledge. Now I have the power to choose

ABW Ambassador
    Let me guess, you're associated with this company.

"Each time you click on a link provided by one of these means; a third party site (affiliate) will make money from the merchant off of your purchase, instead of it going to your heartfelt cause. On the internet these sites (affiliates) make money because they have provided you a service by presenting you adds, coupon or search results. The Save’NDonate application empowers the user to choose if that money goes to the entity (affiliate) who provided you the means to get to that merchant or to your heartfelt cause. That is why we alert you for each and every recommended merchant."
    Last edited by Trust; January 29th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Sounds like the thrill of a schill

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Nance
    Sounds like the thrill of a schill
    Ha, especially since they pulled up a month old thread. They must've googled for their site name, and found this thread. :P

They better to be ready to define the charities.

There are compliance laws for this. They appear to be in the US so if it's not 100% legit, someone there WILL go to jail.

Was this one of the examples that Kellie used at her Affiliate Summit presentation? The name sounds really, really familiar to me.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Was this one of the examples that Kellie used at her Affiliate Summit presentation? The name sounds really, really familiar to me.
    I think so. If not this exact affiliate, then someone very similar.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Jeez, yet another scumbag trying to scam people and steal commissions by pretending they're doing it for purely charitable reasons. There needs to be a special circle of hell for these people or at the very least a special cell in the minimum security prison!
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    You can always tell the really scummy companies, when they make the fake posts shilling their own stuff? Guess they can't find anyone who actually uses it to say something nice.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I believe this was in Kellie's presentation. I cam across them and sent it her way about two months ago since I had never seen quite that model, almost like a down home version of TopMoxie.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Yes, I used these guys as an example of a trend I've been seeing over the last year or year and a half by new apps or revised older apps. I consider it using consumers to circumvent the COC. Also why I've been somewhat vocal at times asking the question of how far does user consent go towards what behavior is going to be allowed by adware affiliates. Andy had to referee when I brought it up in Miami. ROFL.

If someone were to ask me to put a subjective rating as to the threat to the revenue of other affiliates based soley on the behavior of the software (not looking at how many installs are out there), I would have to rate applications like SaveNDonate as more of a threat to other affiliates than the TopMoxie applications.

The fact that these guys are using the charity model is a complete non-issue for me. SaveNDonate is a for-profit company themselves. The fact they may or may not donate some of their proceeds to charity is neither here nor there in how their adware should be behaving.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I felt the need to respond to SaveNDonate's post since I too have installed and used their app. BTW, I think I was you guys pass by my table at the Vendor's Showcase at the Summit. Wish you would have stopped and introduced yourself.

but also allow the actual user to choose where there monies are being directed.
    Consumers do not dictate where monies are directed, our legally binding contractural agreements with each other (Network/Aff, Network/Merchant, Merchant/Aff) dictate where and under what conditions monies are directed.

No more add hoc developers making monies on my clicks and purchases,
    LOL. WTF exactly is THAT supposed to mean?

now I can designate it to a good cause.
    Yeah, the SaveNDonate banking account. Where do you disclose to the end user you are also profiting and not all the monies are going to their charity? Not that it really makes a difference, because again it's not up to the consumer to decide how our contractural agreements are fulfilled.

The internet is the Wild Wild West
    Seriously, get over that tired and lame excuse for people doing crap on the Internet that would never get away with in the B&M world. Reality check, it's the 21st century. Billy the Kid and Wild Bill have been dead for over a hundred years. And do you really want to start settling the issue of people caught stealing and cheating the way they did back in the Wild Wild West?

I am tired of knowing that funds I would otherwise not see from my purchases are going to individuals and corporations I have never met or care to assist in their destructive ways.
    Again, what the heck is that supposed to mean? But please let us know the names of those companies and individuals with their destructive ways.

OTOH, you have met yourself and know yourself and I can only imagine how happy you are to see those dollars going into the SaveNDonate banking account.

I have installed it and it actually warns you when you navigate to any merchant allowing the user to choose.
    WARNS???? There's some marketing spin for your product.

Go web 2.0, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
    Please explain how your adware application is Web 2.0? Power to the People? Oh boy. Yes, power to the people to get them to justify you diverting other's work into your banking account. Here, here!!!

If I want some random website to make money off my purchases
    There's NOTHING random at all about the sites that are supposed to be making money off those purchases.

(but why when it can go to a worthy cause).
    As a consumer who has your software installed and since I have such power to direct the monies to worthy causes.....

I say I want all mine to go to the affiliates who are my friends and originally sent me to Merchant's web site to begin with. For starters, please direct all monies from my traffic (you know the monies left over after a portion has been so generously donated to charity) to the following affiliates: Todd, Trust and chetf. Thank you in advance. I'm heady with the power as a consumer to dictate such things. Thank you SaveNDonate for giving me this opportunity.

It is actually respectful of affiliate links.
    Shall I post videos of your software automatically overwriting other affiliates tracking with your own? We evidently have different opinions of what respectful means.

Chalk this as a first in the internet!
    Hardly a first unfortunately.

This is NO WAY parasite ware.
    This is absolutely parasiteware.

Congratulations to the People at SaveNDonate we should have more people helping clean up the parasites living off of our purchases and lack of knowledge.
    Lord save us from THAT ever being true. You are part of the problem in this Industry, not the solution. You COULD be part of the solution if you really wanted to, but unfortunately you seem to have chosen the path of feeding off the hard work of others.

Now I have the power to choose
    And so do Networks and Merchants. It's their choice if they allow your business model into their programs.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Great post Kellie. Happy to see you dissect his false statements, there were so many that I chose to skip replying earlier this morning. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not alone, not even close.

Using charity as a cover (or even partial cover) really disgusts me. I hope they rot in hell.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Thank you Kellie, as always a great help to our community.

Donuts, I agree with you. Thats just not right.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice example of a greedy BHO driven ebiz plan.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 31st, 2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: to remove possible problems.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Give 'em h@ll Kellie!!!
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

They have a forum on the site. I wonder if they will let us ask them questions?

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the heads up...found these guys in our program today and they've been removed.

Bob
    ACLens.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    good move. they're not selling, they're leeching.

I have been reviewing these posts as part of my due diligence for 2 of my clients requests. Although I am only now getting familiar with Online marketing and the business structure, I have not been able to verify several of the posts as to the 'Evil Nature" of this company. I contacted Symantec and McAffee as well as Microsoft and as far as they are concerned there is nothing "Evil" here. As part of my due diligence I was asked to reveiw all public records where available, and nothing negative came of it.. Not the BBB, not the NYS dept of Commerce, Not the Attourney General. I was able to contact their reps and they referred me the their Accounting Firm, which happened to be KPMG, who informed me that all transactions go through them.
    So my question is , what makes them 'Evil"? I don't want to waste anyone's time or most especially my own, so please be able to backup verify your replies if you should choose to reply
    thank you all
    JM

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by jmletennier
    So my question is , what makes them 'Evil"? I don't want to waste anyone's time or most especially my own, so please be able to backup verify your replies if you should choose to reply
    thank you all
    JM
    Watch this video:
    http://www.savendonate.com/raisefund.../Finalvid.html
    If you don't understand what make them evil, LEARN what is affiliate marketing. This people are STEALING affiliate commissions.

I have seen the video on their website, and from what I gather so far this is a competitive industry issue I have walked into? If I am correct, this does not affect the Non-profit or the vendor? but the people placing adds online? If this is the case, then I have my answer, if not plesae feel free to reply intelligently , without emotional Stupidity and disrespect for people asking questions...

15 years and counting
    [REMOVED]

These people are THIEVES. Do you understand that? If you don't see it on the video, it means you have no clue about our business.
    The thieves are not only stealing from affiliates but from the merchants. Maybe one of the merchants paying you.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 7th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

[REMOVED]

and from what I learned this moring from the Affiliates group the Merchant pays everybody the same anyway...

I have read the posts carefully and from a technical perspective I see no danger to the enduser or Organization, and that is my only concern. If my clients wish to use them, that is up to them not me. My resposibilty ends with the technical, not the moral, that is a fight I leave up the more intellectually equipped

So far no one has given any technical reason for avoiding them, and that is what I was looking for..
    thanks for all the info...
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 7th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast