ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Several Things that SHOULD be improved SOON!
    Hello, I do like Performics but there is also a few things that immediately come to mind that are real Show stoppers for me using the website. I hope your developers will take these points and check it out....

1./ Login makes it really difficult to access the site, even worse or on par with Linkshare in this department because I have to actually type my whole email address & large password each time I want to login. There is no browser save password feature (I use IE6). This is so annoying and I would use Performics about 20 times more if it wasn't for this terrible way of logging in and no browser saved login details. I actually have had to make a text file so I can copy and paste my login details just to access the site. Performics Login = PITA

2./ Goldencan This is a nightmare, trying to get stores built for GC can be a painstaking process, first I have to login to Performics, then I have to find my merchant, then I have to create a customs links just to get the link ID. Then I have to go back to GC and carry on creating the store. All other networks allow one ID to be used globally and takes about 5 seconds to create a store as opposed to about 5 - 10 minutes.

3./ Merchant Description There is absolutely no information about the merchants on the performance website from what I can see. You actually have to click the merchant name in the links section and a new window will open which allows you to browse to their website. There should be a page for each merchant or at least a pop up window giving details on the program but mainly a description of who they are, what they offer and sell etc. An important feature should be "copy" provided so we can use this in describing the merchant on our websites.

4./ Window Size again in IE6 when I view the merchants links in my 1280x1024 resolution which is pretty standard these days I only get a small part of the screen viewable for the links. Please let the whole screen be opened up as it makes it extremely fidgety to get the links in this very small space.

Well that's enough for now but I'm sure there is lots more I can post about but I hope to see these features fixed soon as it's not easy to work here with all these issues.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    It was also annoying for me to type in my email address and password each time when logging in until I got a new computer a few months ago. Both my old and new computers use IE6 but with my new computer, it allows an auto login simply by double clicking in the box and then clicking on my email address which displays. It then auto enters my password.

Same thing for BeFree. Wouldn't do it on my old computer (which was only 2-1/2 years old) but does it on my new computer.

I don't know if this is relevant, but you might want to check your settings:

Tools
    Internet Options
    Content Tab
    Under "Personal Information" click AutoComplete
    All 4 boxes are checked for AutoComplete settings

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I
    I don't know if this is relevant, but you might want to check your settings:

Tools
    Internet Options
    Content Tab
    Under "Personal Information" click AutoComplete
    All 4 boxes are checked for AutoComplete settings
    ok, I already have Autocomplete on and all 4 box's ticked so unsure what's going on there? Some websites like CJ & sas save it like you decscribed & I can just click & it completes it but others like Performics & linkshare don't allow it on my browser, even with FF on LS it still does not work. I think it can be coded in to always work by the developers.

I might have to download that, thanks for the idea....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Autocomplete was off for the login, but was turned on in mid November. It's possible that you have a cached version of the page. Try deleting your temporary internet files and hit control + F5 from the login page. When you enter your username and password it should prompt you to save the password. If it doesn't let me know and we'll look into it.

We're going to be improving data feeds next year which will help with the GoldenCan complaint, but this is a little ways off.

We are also working on some big improvements to merchant profile and links UI that should help you find advertisers and links that are relevant to you a lot easier. More on that in the coming months.

Thanks for the frank suggestions. We can't improve without your feedback.

Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager

ABW Ambassador
    Hello,

The good news is that yes it does work now (the auto login) but I had to delete the Performics cookie first and this is not cleared from just deleting Internet files.
    that's great, makes it so much easier now...

Glad to hear of upcoming improvements next year as well and thanks for listening to us.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread