I have had some problems in the past with purchasing opt-in lists. Does or can anyone recommend where I can get what I pay for and not bad leads. The last time I purchased, most, if not all, were bad leads. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Have a great night and day! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Paying for opt-in lists is not a good idea. I don't think you can ever get any kind of good traffic or sales from those kinda lists. I don't think those email address on those lists even opted in the first place.

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Set up your own newsletter. Make sure your newsletter is double opt-in. Put sign up boxes on your site.

True opt-in leads for the subject you're offering.

IMHO - two great points made here. Paying for opt-in lists is not a good idea - period. They are never clean (no matter what they say), and will get you in trouble and will make folks mad at you.

Webmistress has what is probably the only good solution - generate your own list from your own site(s). It's your list, you groomed it personally.

Good luck, and I'm Sorry not great news...

Fred

No, that was a lot of help. And it did answer my inquiry. I had not done it with this business yet, but for someone else. I wanted to make sure my preconception of the idea was right, and wanted to get other opinions on the matter. And you all have been a great help! I have placed a few ads in the various papers around, and will see what happens. Plus, the old snail mail! Thanks Again! CABH [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread