Hosting that can handle heaps of email
    I'm looking for hosting plans (dedicated, VPS or whatever) that you
    can recommend which can handle the following:

1. Sending at least 1 million non-spam emails per day (petition website)
    2. 10GB of data transfer per day.

Who do you recommend?

I know EV1 servers usually have a 1000 Gig transfer a month, and they also have an unmetered service - they can handle the bandwith.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    off my head, i think server beach can do that
    that was a few yrs ago

Affiliate Manager
    It really depends on how well your script is written. I have seen people pushing ~100 mbit email traffic on Celeron box with 512 Mb RAM.

Assuming you have average mailing software you should be ok with a VPS package with 256 Gb guaranteed RAM and 300 Gb monthly bandwidth. Our VPS-MIDI package should suit your requirements.

You should really go dedicated with those requirements. A VPS provider will eventually have a problem with your account when other VPS accounts on the same server start complaining of server performance. Like jollygoodpirate suggested EV1servers is a decent choice for a dedicated server.

Affiliate Manager
    To clarify. The VPS differs from the shared account.
    With VPS you have a guaranteed amount of CPU and memory plus a limit that defines how far you can burst in case you need more CPU & memory.
    With any virtualisation technology you cannot overload the CPU or use more memory than is allocated to you. That's why single VPS account will never overload the server in case everything is configured right.

The other problem that some VPS providers use to oversell even VPSes by overallocating guaranteed resources. And only in this case you can "overload" the host box, just because when your applications will use your "guaranteed" resources someoneelse won't be able to. But it won't be your fault. But this is not a common practice and all reasonable hosts that I know don't oversell VPS servers. So, you are safe with a VPS from any reputable provider.

Don't forget that VPS is usually 50% cheaper than a budget dedicated server+Control panel. But in case dedicated server fits into your budget you can get the one. Just avoid cheap whiteboxes. In some cases they may work ok, but chances that you can get a box with cooling problems or the box with faulty PDU, etc. There are some hosts that provide cheap dell and supermicro servers $10-$20/mo more than similar offers based on whiteboxes.

I am sorry if i hijack the thread but i have a very simmilar question for you experts out there.I want to run a "paid to read' website . I will need to send out at least 120.000 emails every day.
    Could anyone of you please recommend (and maybe give me a aff link) to cheap dedicated hosting provider that would hold up to the task?

Thanks

Thumbs up SoftLayer should be able to handle this for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    I'm looking for hosting plans (dedicated, VPS or whatever) that you
    can recommend which can handle the following:

1. Sending at least 1 million non-spam emails per day (petition website)
    2. 10GB of data transfer per day.

Who do you recommend?
    Hey There. We use SoftLayer.com for most of our shared/vps servers, in addition to the servers we use for our fully managed dedicated line. They are a very great company to work with, definitely can't go wrong with them. If you're looking for reliable hosting, and are looking to send out 1 million emails a day I would not recommended any type of shared environment (or even a virtual dedicated environment.) You'd definitely want to be on your own machine.

Good luck with the search.

-Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    I am sorry if i hijack the thread but i have a very simmilar question for you experts out there.I want to run a "paid to read' website . I will need to send out at least 120.000 emails every day.
    Could anyone of you please recommend (and maybe give me a aff link) to cheap dedicated hosting provider that would hold up to the task?

Thanks
    LayeredTech.com has budget servers that should be able to fulfill your needs.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastNextSerge
    It really depends on how well your script is written. I have seen people pushing ~100 mbit email traffic on Celeron box with 512 Mb RAM.

Assuming you have average mailing software you should be ok with a VPS package with 256 Gb guaranteed RAM and 300 Gb monthly bandwidth. Our VPS-MIDI package should suit your requirements.
    The problems with affiliates is they are never honest when hopping from hosting providers for the e-mail blasting. Fastnext isnt immune to hosting spammers. Love their hosting packages but I can't receive e-mails for the last 3 weeks addresses to alias at ecomcity forwarded to Comcast.net. Comcast blocks all their incoming mail at the server IP level. I don't and never will e-mail blast any promotional info. Couponers and deal of the day sites are blasters. Needless to say the Get paid to??? web slave sites leave their pecker tracks as they boiunce from host to host. The rest of us suffer from them at all ends of the spectrum.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Comcast blocks all their incoming mail at the server IP level.

The rest of us suffer from them at all ends of the spectrum.
    Another reason why I wouldn't allow a mass mailing client in a shared environment.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread