Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    http://www.internetnews.com/IAR/article.php/10789_1438331 \

Will be interesting to follow and see what happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"...the company [Sprint] has already filed a motion against plaintiff Terry Gillmann, demanding he send his hard drive to Sprint lawyers as part of the discovery process."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Since Gillmann's America Online account is Web-based, he reads his e-mail through his work computer, the city library and on a friend's computer."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, that's hillarious... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, but how long will it be clogged up in the tangle of the judicial process before it is resolved? I sure hope it makes an impact! It certainly will mean a lot to the rest of us if it does.

I hate spam.

Wouldn't it be great if every time a spammer sent out spam his hard drive reformatted on its own and deleted everyone on his mailing list?

Then he could spend a few days fixing his computer... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Andy

I'm working on a tiny, software-only nuclear weapon (nukes are just lots of electrons colliding, computers and the internet are lots of electrons not colliding). I'm gonna add it as an attachment before I bounce spammers' emails back to them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaybat:
    I'm working on a tiny, software-only nuclear weapon ... I'm gonna add it as an attachment before I bounce spammers' emails back to them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be careful when you do things like that. Some of the spammers are using MY return address on their spam, and I'd sure hate to get bombed for it.

If they aren't already using yours too, they probably will soon.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Like a blood sucking pollup in the colon of the e-mail advertising industry ..spammers will be sought out and their hosting services destroyed. Nice move there Sprint to host spammers as you snuggle in bed with the Worldcom/UUNET crooks monitizing your ability to sned out billions of spamms a day!

"I'm gonna add it as an attachment before I bounce spammers' emails back to them."

I kinds thought about doing something like that. Just have'nt got the heart to do it. The program I found when openend resets the computers bios settings. No harm done but can make a mess of things.

I had do use this program on a computer I was working on, when the bios setting were password protected by an employee of a repair shop that no longer worked there.

"...the company [Sprint] has already filed a motion against plaintiff Terry Gillmann, demanding he send his hard drive to Sprint lawyers as part of the discovery process."

I wonder if Sprint is doing that just to keep people from complaining? As in "yeah, I might get a few bucks but I'll probably never see my hard drive again". Not to mention since it's most likely his C: drive, who wants to turn over ALL their data over to a company like that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"...who wants to turn over ALL their data over to a company like that?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That's a darned good question. Think about that for a moment.

An non-computer analogy might be like having to give all of your files (paper), magazines, flyers from the kids school, any work you might have taken home from the office, your entire library of books, and the recipe's in the cupboard. Think of all the non-suit related, personal stuff you would have to surrender.

That's why I had to laugh when it said this guy 'Gillmann' didn't have a computer at home - planned that way? Hmmmm....

And the Sprint lawyers thought they would make life tough for him. Of course the Judge probably also laughed, that's why he simply said "Don't destroy anything boys."

Is everybody here following this thread Take the SPAM plunge? (Page 3) Or this one:The King of spam sucks...

Have a nice day!

Fred

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread