Question eAffiliatez
    We have been approached by eAffiliatez.com to join one of their affiliate programs that is a match for one of our sites. We had never heard of this company. We had participated in the website that they are pushing - shortporch.com through a company called Hobbyclix.com that went out of business owing us money.

Anyone know anthing about eAffiliatez.com?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    They list some of "their" other merchants here:
    http://www.eaffiliatez.com/case-study.php

Go check with them...

(that little warning bell inside your mind, trust it.)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    never heard of them.
    I would stay with the major 3-4 networks. less likely that the network goes under

Tax Paying Member
    For what its worth..........I see that they have GoToBaby....com listed.

GoToBaby is also a Shareasale merchant.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    I got approaced by a merchant yesterday that sells shoes and that want me to join up, I might try it out...

they say :
    eAffiliatez has over 1000 merchants benefiting from its vast network.
    Maybe I will forget that, I tried and I got this:

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

then I check and find out they say they are in USA but on the terms it says they are in India!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

We have a shoe site also and they approached us again for one of their shoe merchants. We are doing real good with GoldenCan merchants I can't see the point in adding them.

Ask GoToBaby and you'll figure out the beginning of the lies being told here...

Run.

Note that GTB is a SAS Exclusive Merchant...

ABW Ambassador
    yeah, it didn't take me long to realize that they look pretty scamish, most web pages don't have any content (coming soon signs etc). I was just interested to see who the 1000 merchants are.

Ask GoToBaby and you'll figure out the beginning of the lies being told here...
    please fill us in...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    For what its worth..........I see that they have GoToBaby....com listed.

GoToBaby is also a Shareasale merchant.
    Sorry it took so long to post! GoToBaby is exclusively with ShareASale, Stuart did work with eaffiliatz in the past, but no longer.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Hello,

I Represent eBrandz.com which is parent company of eAffiliatez. Let me try and give some views from our side.

I would stay with the major 3-4 networks. less likely that the network goes under
    Being an affiliate myself, I am very wary of joining new affiliate networks as I have also lost money joining a new upstart network which folds under. However, I do not think this is the case with eAffiliatez as it has the backing of eBrandz (which is a 4 year old search engine marketing company).

eAffiliatez has over 1000 merchants benefiting from its vast network.
    EEKS I think our content writers got overboard with this. eBrandz.com has 1000 clients. There is no way eAffiliatez has 1000 merchants. I think the figure is close to 60. I will ask our guys to edit this information.

yeah, it didn't take me long to realize that they look pretty scamish, most web pages don't have any content (coming soon signs etc).
    I agree with the fact that many pages did not have content. I don't blame you for categorizing us as SCAMISH. We have added some good reasonable content on the website. Hopefully we will keep improving over time and feedback from forums like these.

GoToBaby is exclusively with ShareASale, Stuart did work with eaffiliatz in the past, but no longer.
    This is correct. In fact we at eBrandz are managing Stuart's campaign at Share A Sale. We have lot of clients who go with other networks like Share A Sale or CJ. This is because right now there is not enough activity on eAffiliatez.

However, we are in this for long haul. Our network is less than a year old. We have never defaulted on any payments. And we genuinely believe that there is enough space in affiliate marketing for another honest network.

We have worked with Merchants for years (because we provide them SEO/ PPC and affiliate marketing management) and we ourselves are affiliates in many industries. This gives us a unique position to negotiate, manage and handle both merchants as well as affiliates.

then I check and find out they say they are in USA but on the terms it says they are in India!
    Our parent company is based in India. However we have an office of eBrandz at 171, Madison Avenue in New York. Apart from that, we have offices in Singapore and Middle East. We plan to have offices in few other strategic locations in next few months. Our terms and conditions say we are in India, because that is where are parent company is located.

I can understand if people are still sceptical about us. However, if you want, you can see and meet us at Search Engine Strategies New York in April 2007. We have a stall in the name of eBrandz.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    GoToBaby is exclusively with ShareASale, Stuart did work with eaffiliatz in the past, but no longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mil2k
    In fact we at eBrandz are managing Stuart's campaign at Share A Sale. We have lot of clients who go with other networks like Share A Sale or CJ. This is because right now there is not enough activity on eAffiliatez.
    Ok guys, which is it?

I think our content writers got overboard with this. eBrandz.com has 1000 clients. There is no way eAffiliatez has 1000 merchants. I think the figure is close to 60. I will ask our guys to edit this information.
    Well, we're getting closer to the truth... but not quite yet... are you not aware of how many you have?

It is okay to be small. It is okay to be new and growing. It's not okay to lie and distort the truth. You'll get much further with everyone you work with if you come clean and always focus on being frank, open and honest. In this business, trust is everything.

are you not aware of how many you have?
    mil2k

I think the figure is close to 60.
    In this business, trust is everything.
    I agree.

Affiliate Manager
    Eaffiliates
    Hi, I am Stuart from GoToBaby. Anyone with questions about Ebrandz is welcome to ask me, but I'll try to answer them here. I currently do not use Ebrandz for affiliate marketing because I joined with Carolyn at Shareasale, but they definately are a reputable company and have done excellent things for my ecommerce business over the last 5 years. I gave them permission to show my name since we have worked in the past. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Stuart

So are they "managing your campaign at Share A Sale", or not?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

EEKS I think our content writers got overboard with this. eBrandz.com has 1000 clients. There is no way eAffiliatez has 1000 merchants. I think the figure is close to 60. I will ask our guys to edit this information.
    I'd think a weekend is long enough time to edit the 1000 number to 60, but obviously truthful representation is not a high priority.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Update: Today, I received spam from Foram Sanghavi at eBrandz (identified above as the parent company of eAffiliatez, hence my post in this thread). Of course, I don't do business with spammers.

It was sent to a WHOIS contact email, and was actually somewhat personalized: it began: "I did some research on your website www.QuoteProducts.com and identified couple of marketing possibilities to enhance the lead pipeline/website sales for you." (emphasis added)

I was immediately intrigued by the depth of the research capabilities of this firm. They apparently did not notice, for example, that the site they mentioned (QuoteProducts) has been closed and offline since July.

The company's professionalism was emphasized by the use of an email address "----@hotmailz.info" -- not even a HotMail address, which would be unprofessional enough, but an even less professional sound-alike.

Steer clear of these scammers.

Another Solicitation
    I received the same SPAM this morning:
    Hi,
    I did some research on your website and identified couple of marketing possibilities to enhance the lead pipeline/website sales for you....

Thanks to ABestWeb, which came up second in my Google Search Results for 'eaffiliatez', I didn't waste more than 5 minutes on this one!

Thanks guys!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I got one today too

Was wondering where they got that email address from and yep... it's in my whois

Thanks for saving me some time

I just received an email from them. Be glad to hear if anyone has true life experience with them, especially the good ones.

I got one from them today too - trying to recruit one of my merchants to their program,...I called the number on the website to speak with them about ethics.....Because I am a lady I will not get into details on how dumb they are, but needless to say the "emily" who sent the email to us doesn't exist.......

Here's an interesting exchange I had with a merchant who had inquired about hiring me for "PPC Management."

After our initial exchange of information, the merchant wrote (in part):

> "eBrandz.com is performing the SEO activities and we have had some good results with their services. * * * eAffiliate is a division of eBrandz and we have about 20 affiliates signed up but no business because the affiliates frankly are all start up web sites, as a result we have no traction." <

I replied (in part):

> "> I'm pleased to hear that you've had good experiences with eBrandz/eAffiliatez -- I think it's the first time I've ever heard anything positive about them. However, their lack of ethics lead me to refuse to work with them, nor with companies that work with them. I wish you luck in your future efforts." <

And today, he replied (in part):

> "I do not understand why a professional person is not wanting to take on a potential lucrative agreement because of that connection. That does not make sense unless of course eBrandz is cleaning your clock and you do not have the skills or knowledge to beat the eBrandz team at their game." (emphasis added)<

Added: In re-reading this discussion thread, I do see that "Stuart from GoToBaby.com" did post some positive comments about eBrandz, so I guess this was actually the second positive report.
    Last edited by markwelch; December 21st, 2007 at 02:08 PM.

Funny that they can't understand why you refuse to work with unethical businesses. Even funnier that they had to resort to a personal attack. It appears that they just confirmed that you made the right decision in not working with them.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Interesting use of the word "game" as well. If people are gaming the system, then he's right, you can't compete and you do get your clock cleaned... so does he (the merchant). Let him suffer from his own ignorance by just walking away.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread