Reset/Change Date for New Messages?
    One of the frustrating things about vBulletin is that the new posts get reset every time you visit. I use the New Posts link almost exclusively, reading everything that's new since the last time I visited. But if I know I won't have time to read everything, I won't visit because I know it'll get reset and I'll miss those new posts. As a result, there are times when I don't visit as often as I'd like or that I don't check a new PM I receive immediately.

Perhaps I'm missing something, or perhaps there's a mod that could be made to vBulletin, but this is something I'd love to see addressed. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to set the "new" date to the date of the last public post we've made, the date of some arbitrary post, the date of the last post we read, or some other arbitrary date.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Are you logging out each time? The new posts only resets for me if I log out. Right now I have 108 New Posts showing. I could close this browser, visit another place on the internet and come back and that 108 plus any new posts will still be there as long as you don't log out.

http and a telephoto
    New posts resets for me randomly Trust. I never log out, and it resets *usually* at midnight EST but also periodically sometimes during the day, and sometimes not.... it's hit and miss. I agree with Michael, I would like to be able to control when it resets in some way
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

No, I'm not talking about just closing the browser and going back. After some amount of time (1, 2, or 3 hours perhaps) of inactivity it automatically logs you out and resets your new messages.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread